Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

7 hours ago, gravitylover said:

What I noticed driving around the Croton res yesterday is the water level is as low as it's been in years. All through this dry stretch it stayed up and now, after getting a bunch of rain, it's pretty low. Have they started the pre-winter water release already? It seems early for that. 

They did a scheduled release starting after labor day and lasting about a month.  Prior to that, it was full.  so much so, that they closed the river to recreational activities.  I walked over the dam on sunday and the water gauge was about 3 feet below full.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this release was but in the past few years they've been doing some to clear out invasive species in the river, I think.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, content-aware fill makes quick work of powerlines. @sn0w, it would take me about 5 minutes if you wanted to send me the file at original resolution. 

I really appreciate that. I wasn't able to send it to you via PM based on size so I sent it to your email that you have listed in your profile. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Took this on Monday at the top of Crawford Notch, what you can't see is the clouds racing in and the wind was whipping which it often is at this location. It reminded me of the Molson beer commercials of the late 1980s that showed late fall shots as they talked about how "in Canada the wind blows a little wilder, the air is a little colder, winter comes a little wilder" if anyone recalls those. I'm not ready for winter just yet but this image definitely got my mind started. 

7095A811-A601-4B5C-B2DB-47214838890F.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Took this on Monday at the top of Crawford Notch, what you can't see is the clouds racing in and the wind was whipping which it often is at this location. It reminded me of the Molson beer commercials of the late 1980s that showed late fall shots as they talked about how "in Canada the wind blows a little wilder, the air is a little colder, winter comes a little earlier" if anyone recalls those. I'm not ready for winter just yet but this image definitely got my mind started. 

Here's one of the commercials, there were a number of them.

• Like 3

On 10/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, IrishRob17 said:

Took this on Monday at the top of Crawford Notch, what you can't see is the clouds racing in and the wind was whipping which it often is at this location. It reminded me of the Molson beer commercials of the late 1980s that showed late fall shots as they talked about how "in Canada the wind blows a little wilder, the air is a little colder, winter comes a little wilder" if anyone recalls those. I'm not ready for winter just yet but this image definitely got my mind started. 

Good evening Rob. Wonderful photo …. I was walking today and chanced to look down and saw a blue crocus. I’ve also seen yellow and white specimens that throw out a leafless bloom in mid fall. Autumn is a season of beauty and to some, one of dying. I find comfort knowing that nature will always leave a promise that the dying is only temporary. Stay well, as always …

323AC74F-DD7C-4DCD-80D2-5F9B2BA30759.jpeg

• Like 1