Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Driving around last evening between my house and my mothers in New Windsor it is quite evident much more rain is needed. Ponds are still low, streams hardly flowing.  It'll take time, at least the grass is greening up again.

yeah, I just looked at the latest drought monitor and was surprised that there wasnt more improvement from the most recent rains.

8 minutes ago, Hitman said:

yeah, I just looked at the latest drought monitor and was surprised that there wasnt more improvement from the most recent rains.

A good start, but still lots of work to be done. It's worth noting that the drought monitor is valid as of 12z on the 6th, so most of Tuesday's rain (and beyond) wasn't factored-in. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I've got stuff that spent all summer languishing going to seed today, pepper plants that haven't produced a pepper in weeks are filled with dozens today and some are already an inch or more long and seeds that didn't sprout all year are popping now. Weird shit... 

You doing any fall planting? I think I'm ready to plant some vetch and put it all to bed for the winter. It was a long, tough, but productive season.

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

You doing any fall planting? I think I'm ready to plant some vetch and put it all to bed for the winter. It was a long, tough, but productive season.

Yup. I put in some turnips, parsnips and another round of dill and cilantro. I'll probably add a few more herbs, should also add some leafy greens and garlic goes in early next month. I think it's too late for them to bear fruit but I also have tomatoes going crazy from the little stumps I had left. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

.85 overnight, along with a clap of thunder that woke us up. 

Good morning Rob. Ref; NOAA/NWS CPK total overnight .95. For the time beginning 12:51 pm yesterday 1.54. I leave the barred yard windows open during the night. I figured something happened when while walking to the head I wondered who was nice enough to wash the kitchen floor in the middle of the night. Stay well, as always …..

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning Rob. Ref; NOAA/NWS CPK total overnight .95. For the time beginning 12:51 pm yesterday 1.54. I leave the barred yard windows open during the night. I figured something happened when while walking to the head I wondered who was nice enough to wash the kitchen floor in the middle of the night. Stay well, as always …..

Luckily you didn't slip and fall

• Thanks 1