Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

1 hour ago, Hitman said:

Funny thing about this drought.  About 5 years ago I totally gave up on the lawn in my backyard.  Let it go to weed grass after years of struggling to keep it lush.  Now, my front lawn which is good turf is scorched but the back is still green.

Good morning Hitman. I remember my uncle ( my Dads brother ) trying to convince my father that a solid mowed lawn of crab grass looked just as good and was easier to maintain than the, at the time, popular zoysia grass. Stay well, as always …

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hitman said:

Funny thing about this drought.  About 5 years ago I totally gave up on the lawn in my backyard.  Let it go to weed grass after years of struggling to keep it lush.  Now, my front lawn which is good turf is scorched but the back is still green.

Thats usually my backyard as well. This is the first year its ever been this burnt in the back. 

6 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Thats usually my backyard as well. This is the first year its ever been this burnt in the back. 

Drove down the palisades parkway from the Bear mountain area to Nanuet yesterday.  The area from Bear mtn. to Stony Point is dry as a bone and some of the trees are dropping their leaves. It’s a primed up tinderbox. Hopefully we get some rain Monday into Tuesday.

59 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Drove down the palisades parkway from the Bear mountain area to Nanuet yesterday.  The area from Bear mtn. to Stony Point is dry as a bone and some of the trees are dropping their leaves. It’s a primed up tinderbox. Hopefully we get some rain Monday into Tuesday.

Leaf drop became noticeable around here this week. There are maples turning red already along the driveway into Sally’s Dream playground here in the park. Never seen them turn this early. The grass looks like Fontana CA. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Leaf drop became noticeable around here this week. There are maples turning red already along the driveway into Sally’s Dream playground here in the park. Never seen them turn this early. The grass looks like Fontana CA. 

Yup. The maples IMBY are a pale red and dropping.  I was lucky to get a quick 0.28 from the shower that just moved thru.:raining:

• Like 2