Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

3 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Great rain so far, short events to soften up the surface and absorb some instead of it all running off. Sun currently trying to poke thru. So far 0.55 in the bucket. 

Yeah I got a short heavy downpour after the first few wet hours and it didn't run off at all so your theory is right.

My garden is hardly damp 4" down and still dry at 6".

2 hours ago, Hitman said:

Blue pills?

Lol

• Like 1

My backyard is such a respite on days like these. The sun really only gets the patio for 2 or 3 hours and the yard is ringed by 75 footers. Then as you head just downhill it's all exposed and much warmer. This creates a little breeze as the cooler shady air gets pulled down to where the hot air is rising. 

Don't you love when you're driving along and the AC is getting warmer not colder :wacko: Uggh

• Like 1

Went down to Point Pleasant Beach in NJ. Great day for it. Temps reached 105 in spots along the Garden State Parkway early this afternoon from the car reading. Wonder what the actual asphalt temp was. Beach and boardwalk weather was beautiful with a s/se wind around 15 steady for the day. Oh well back home to reality. 

4 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I water strategically. Usually around sunrise, then I'll do a 10 minute mist once or twice during the hot periods because most of the garden is in and out shaded and then another good deep watering in the early evening. If I wasn't on a well this would be unsustainable. 

4 times a day?

I’m a bad gardener.  Didn’t plant much this year.  5 tomato plants.  They get watered for a few minutes every 3-4 days.  They must hate me.