Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

21 hours ago, gravitylover said:

.04"!!!!!= Not winning :(

20 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Beat me fair and square, .01 here. 

9 hours ago, Hitman said:

.41” between yesterday and overnight.

Good evening gravity, Hudson, Hitman, Rob ….. Ref: NOAA/NWS CPK total was .28. I’m not sure how much was due to ASOS-TLD (tree leaf drip) stay well all, as always …..

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Can save some time mowing at least now that we’ve started the deep deep drought and the grass is going dormant 

• Like 2

It's as dry as it has been in a few years. If we don't get a few good soakings soon it's gonna get dicey, I'm already worried about fireworks this weekend.

We went up to Bash Bish a few days ago and the stretches of standing dead trees along Rt 22 is kinda concerning. Is it just Ash trees or is there something else too? 

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

It's as dry as it has been in a few years. If we don't get a few good soakings soon it's gonna get dicey, I'm already worried about fireworks this weekend.

We went up to Bash Bish a few days ago and the stretches of standing dead trees along Rt 22 is kinda concerning. Is it just Ash trees or is there something else too? 

Grass is going dormant here and the ground surface is rock hard. Hopefully we get a slow soaking Saturday night into Sunday. Anything heavy will just runoff. Also agree with the fireworks thrown in the mix. :(

• Like 2

17 hours ago, gravitylover said:

The amount of dead ash trees is incredible now and they will be a problem for years to come as they decide to drop...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

The amount of dead ash trees is incredible now and they will be a problem for years to come as they decide to drop...

At least theyre finally clearing some trees on the palisades. Only took 1 death this year. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

At least theyre finally clearing some trees on the palisades. Only took 1 death this year. 

The state has been dodging bullets for a long time. There has been trees falling onto the highway throughout the entire stretch of this system and in any type of weather or no weather event at all. This killer tree made them finally do something.  I agree, it’s sad this had to happen to finally address this condition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

The state has been dodging bullets for a long time. There has been trees falling onto the highway throughout the entire stretch of this system and in any type of weather or no weather event at all. This killer tree made them finally do something.  I agree, it’s sad this had to happen to finally address this condition.

I refuse to drive that road during any kind of remotely inclement weather. Its gotten so bad the last few years.

on another note i had a lightning bug invasion in my backyard tonight. Literally hundreds, while we were out on the deck enjoying the weather. Im pretty sure my dog doesnt know theyre supposed to tasted bad because she definitely ate more than a few.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BxEngine said:

8 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

A couple of years ago now I point blank asked NYSDOT in a meeting if they had a plan or funding to deal with the ash tress and they just looked at me like no one had thought of it. I asked someone in my office last month involved with a local resiliency plan if there was any talk of dealing with the ash trees and he said that it was at least mentioned now. Sadly the death will hopefully get more done.  I say if NYSDOT can eventually find enough money for a third lane on 17 in Orange County they should use those funds on the local roads instead.  There is no shortage of long overdue paving required, brush/tree clearing, traffic signal replacement, and bringing intersections up to the ADA standards and making them safer for pedestrians. But projects like that aren’t as politically sexy as a third lane on 17, which isn’t really needed based on the data but you didn’t hear that from me. 

• Thanks 1

Ash trees are decimated down this way in Northwest Jersey. I have a few monsters that I need to start dropping. 

Agree with the dry conditions as well, perhaps not as bad down this way. 

Annual canoe trip coming up next weekend. I can only imagine how low the Delaware is. Anyone in this forum live in the Narrowsburg area? 

Happy 4th everyone!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Ash trees are decimated down this way in Northwest Jersey. I have a few monsters that I need to start dropping. 

Agree with the dry conditions as well, perhaps not as bad down this way. 

Annual canoe trip coming up next weekend. I can only imagine how low the Delaware is. Anyone in this forum live in the Narrowsburg area? 

Happy 4th everyone!

Happy 4th!  The soil is rock solid here. I don’t live near Narrowsburg but I just locked at the river gauges and the Delaware is running around 3.5 feet if that’s why you were asking. 

• Like 1