Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

2 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

A quick 0.69 in 30 minutes with the shower that developed overhead.

This was a bit more than a shower, I got 1.4 in less than an hour. I had to pick my kid up from work at the peak and the driving was "interesting". Strangely I think it would have been worse if the ground was as dry as it was a month ago, it came down so fast that it all would have run off before being absorbed and it would have carried all sorts of loose dirt and debris. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I took this along the Wallkill earlier this week

8C64CF74-AF43-4D0A-A24B-18DEAC6F0881.jpeg

Good evening Irish. I remember seeing this individual many years ago near the Gowanus canal. That was the time when a gas mask was preferred attire when crossing the canal bridges on ninth street and on Hamilton Avenue. Now, post clean up, it’s slated to become another housing development for the very affluent. Stay well, as always …

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Are you sure? I thought it was the mucky zone between the Belt Pkwy, the dump and the Canarsie pool. 

Good evening gravity. You may be right but the unforgettable Gowanus Canal aroma is not likely to be matched. In the early 70’s the water was tested for organisms … typhoid, dysentery, cholera and tuberculosis were found. In recent years the water tested positive for gonorrhea. Some bright soul posted a sign “ must wear rubbers before entering the water.” . A government clean up is underway and the canal is showing growing signs of recovery. Stay well as always ….

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gravitylover said:

If it could be like this 25 days a month I'd be ok with it. 

Watched Top Gun in Imax this morning, now just sitting on the deck enjoying some cold beers and attempting to beat my kids in kan jam lol.  Definitely a top 10 day of the year. 

• Like 3

On 6/3/2022 at 5:51 PM, IrishRob17 said:

I took this along the Wallkill earlier this week

8C64CF74-AF43-4D0A-A24B-18DEAC6F0881.jpeg

On 6/4/2022 at 9:38 PM, hudsonvalley21 said:

I didn’t know the Wallkill River ran down to Nyack. This definitely looks like something that came upstream from there.  ;)

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

Wait, it's starting to make sense now. It came out of the (big) river near Indian Point and headed upstream... 

good afternoon Rob, hudson, gravity. On a concerned note …. Has anyone notified the Keebler Company? As always …..

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

An inch on the dot. Weird. 

feels like a morning at a tropical beach. Moist breezy air, sun trying to peek out. 

Was the gauge next to your kitchen sink again?  Luckily the dews have not made it here yet, just checked the satellite and clearing is rapidly moving in. 

• Haha 1