Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

We are way behind on the garden this year.  My wife takes the lead on it and she had the Rona a couple of weeks ago and then last weekend we were out at Notre Dame for my sons graduation.  Maybe this week, hopefully. 

Hopefully she’s back to 100%. Congratulations on the graduation :clap:

14 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Hopefully she’s back to 100%. Congratulations on the graduation :clap:

Thanks. She’s back to near 100%, still a lingering cough from time to time but that has improved greatly over the past two weeks. I didn’t test positive at any point. Such an odd thing. Anyway, 72/69 here. The son who graduated hit a job down in Texas and is living in Grapevine, near Dallas, where it’s 81/73 already. That’ll be a big adjustment for him and his girl. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

It's beautiful out here (in the shade) right now. It would be better if the dumbass neighbor would shut the mower off and stop arguing with wet gooey grass.

So many people cutting wet long grass this morning by me. I dont get it. Id rather cut grass 2” longer that isnt soaked.

• Like 2

I'm having a hard time figuring out what my actual high temp was because a bunch of stations near me crashed today, one showed 107 and one never went above 78. It looks like low 90s for sure and 95 is likely based on dashboard thermo going as high as 98. I'm really quite surprised we burned through all that moisture so quickly.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 6:37 PM, gravitylover said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out what my actual high temp was because a bunch of stations near me crashed today, one showed 107 and one never went above 78. It looks like low 90s for sure and 95 is likely based on dashboard thermo going as high as 98. I'm really quite surprised we burned through all that moisture so quickly.

2 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

89 for the high again today, the wind caught my attention for a few minutes just now, the rain looks to be breaking up just to my west. 

34 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Got up to 91f here.  Barely a sprinkle.

Good evening, G L, Hitman, Rob. CPK 90, 89, Sat & Sun. Newark 95 both days. It’s early in the season but so far the box score regarding CPK is trees 2, accuracy 0. Stay well, as always ….

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rclab said:

Good evening, G L, Hitman, Rob. CPK 90, 89, Sat & Sun. Newark 95 both days. It’s early in the season but so far the box score regarding CPK is trees 2, accuracy 0. Stay well, as always ….

to be fair, I have some large trees in proximity to my sensor as well.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Hitman said:

to be fair, I have some large trees in proximity to my sensor as well.

Good evening Hitman. Your honesty is refreshing. I venture to guess the shade effect, if any, may be different in your situation. Stay well, as always …..

On 5/23/2022 at 5:27 PM, rclab said:

Good evening Hitman. Your honesty is refreshing. I venture to guess the shade effect, if any, may be different in your situation. Stay well, as always …..

Good guess.  the shading comes from an oak tree which is about 50' from the sensor and a good 100-125' tall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

The only upside I see to this mornings and tomorrow's weather is we will be out of town until late Monday and I won't have to worry about watering the garden. Unfortunately we'll be at the beach watching the weather suck from an expensive hotel room. 

Enjoy the weekend. Hopefully you will see a waterspout to ease the pain for the expensive hotel room you will be holed up in. :)

• Haha 1

On 5/27/2022 at 8:44 AM, gravitylover said:

The only upside I see to this mornings and tomorrow's weather is we will be out of town until late Monday and I won't have to worry about watering the garden. Unfortunately we'll be at the beach watching the weather suck from an expensive hotel room. 

10 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Good morning G L, Rob. I took a slow walk around the postage stamp, checking on my three tomato, pepper and egg plants. It was quiet except for inner city noises and a jet overhead. My lost loves felines ( sorry forky ) as is their want, followed me. I thought of your post as i walked alone and realized that your weekend in a luxury ocean front hotel, on a fog embraced scenic beach was memorable and well worth it. ‘That is’ for the one most important reason …. You weren’t alone. Enjoy the rest of your stay and embrace in the fog. The sun will find a way, stay well, as always …

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning G L, Rob. I took a slow walk around the postage stamp, checking on my three tomato, pepper and egg plants. It was quiet except for inner city noises and a jet overhead. My lost loves felines ( sorry forky ) as is their want, followed me. I thought of your post as i walked alone and realized that your weekend in a luxury ocean front hotel, on a fog embraced scenic beach was memorable and well worth it. ‘That is’ for the one most important reason …. You weren’t alone. Enjoy the rest of your stay and embrace in the fog. The sun will find a way, stay well, as always …

Top o the mornin’ Rich. Along the lines of what you are saying, one of my favorite hikes was done in pouring rain.  Sure we were drenched and muddy but it was also a beautiful hike. 

• Like 1