• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

We heard that Binghamton and the middle of the state got sorta beat up with the snow but I heard from a customer today that we only got a small part of the story. His store has been closed since they closed Saturday because they had no power until this afternoon and may not have internet for another couple of days. He said half the city is still out and the hill country north of the city is a real mess. 

10 hours ago, gravitylover said:

We heard that Binghamton and the middle of the state got sorta beat up with the snow but I heard from a customer today that we only got a small part of the story. His store has been closed since they closed Saturday because they had no power until this afternoon and may not have internet for another couple of days. He said half the city is still out and the hill country north of the city is a real mess. 

Yea, that area got nailed, many still without power. Broome County had a travel ban, not sure of that status this morning. If you click on the map and zoom in you can see just how many outages they are still working through. https://outagemap.nyseg.com

3B3366B4-B0E7-494C-8D18-243EB4E60249.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Americans misappropriating a word from another language, go figure. :rolleyes:

The stretch of the river through the Hudson Highlands is legitimately a geological fjord (see eg. page 474 here: http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/staff-publications/changes-fish-assemblages-tidal-hudson-river-new-york). It's not as disrinct as the fjords of Norway, but then again, they would also laugh at what we call "mountains"... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

The stretch of the river through the Hudson Highlands is legitimately a geological fjord (see eg. page 474 here: http://www.nysm.nysed.gov/staff-publications/changes-fish-assemblages-tidal-hudson-river-new-york). It's not as disrinct as the fjords of Norway, but then again, they would also laugh at what we call "mountains"... 

Huh, today I learned...

• Like 3

On 4/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, LibertyBell said:

Walt, if you can find a snowfall map of April 19-20, 1983 please post.  All I know about that storm is 2-4 inches fell on Long Island back to the city but close to 2 feet upstate.

With last night's storm there was close to 5" in the Poconos, with thundersnow and high winds.

Lots of stories NYT, NJ papers but no map that I could find in my search, including Northeast Snow Storms (KU) and Storm Data and other resources. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

The Dry Tortugas are on my bucket list. Some really dark skies out there. 

If i ever make it back down here we’re definitely doing the camping thing. There were probably 15 tents set up when we were here yesterday. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sheahunter said:

The leaf out this year is wild. Traveling from Mahopac south, many trees barely leafed out.  But a few are fully leafed out making for a great contrast. Once you get past the SMP, its like another world.

Can confirm.  Oaks in my backyard aren’t out yet.

enjoy the sun today then hunker down.

58 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

@BxEngine was there full leaf out in the Keys?  It’s moving along here, forsythia just about full green now with many buds on trees, some small leaves depending on tree type. 

Lol. A week before that we were in the poconos for golf. Friend of ours drove up from virginia, and the first thing he said was that it still looked like winter up here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Lol. A week before that we were in the poconos for golf. Friend of ours drove up from virginia, and the first thing he said was that it still looked like winter up here. 

Are you golfing near me today?  Earlier I heard a beastly fellow scream “FORE!!!” and instantly thought of you 

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Are you golfing near me today?  Earlier I heard a beastly fellow scream “FORE!!!” and instantly though of you 

Nah pulled a calf muscle the other day….couple weeks off for me lol

• Sad 1