Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

4 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

My daffodils have/are opening this week, you? 

Yessir, the ones with the most sun have opened quickly over the last 36 hours or so. I already picked some to bring inside. They're among my favorite flowers for fragrance with their musk/earth component to balance the sweetness.

Down to 59 from the high of 85. It's a shame we weren't able to hold off the front until after nightfall.

I think todays 12z/17 SPC HREF will put things in prespective. GFS very late to the game compared to EC/GGEM.  all modeling with an elevation snowstorm..suspect a few wet snow power outages PA-e central NYS Mon night (including Catskills).  I am counting on 1" here at the house in Wantage NJ when I wake up Tuesday morning.  ONLY the amped NAM is too warm now.  System I think is being played down too much.  

1983  April 18-19 I think, according to Nick Stefano  10-18" northern Sussex County. 

If my thinking is correct I will take a picture of our ballfields in Sparta Tue 730A when I expect to see a slight covering of snow and obvious to me, unplayable due to overnight rain. If I'm wrong, no picture. 

Happy Easter 2022! Walt 841A/17

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I think todays 12z/17 SPC HREF will put things in prespective. GFS very late to the game compared to EC/GGEM.  all modeling with an elevation snowstorm..suspect a few wet snow power outages PA-e central NYS Mon night (including Catskills).  I am counting on 1" here at the house in Wantage NJ when I wake up Tuesday morning.  ONLY the amped NAM is too warm now.  System I think is being played down too much.  

1983  April 18-19 I think, according to Nick Stefano  10-18" northern Sussex County. 

If my thinking is correct I will take a picture of our ballfields in Sparta Tue 730A when I expect to see a slight covering of snow and obvious to me, unplayable due to overnight rain. If I'm wrong, no picture. 

Thanks for your thoughts Walt, Happy Easter!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Last night’s and this morning’s model runs are beginning to dance away from any real meaningful snow for those of us here who have that chance. CNY is looking like they’ll go gangbusters on this one lol 

With its dying breath, the winter of 2021-22 flips us the bird one last time. The NAM is so warm that @gravitylover warm sectors for a bit.

• Sad 1

On 4/17/2022 at 8:55 AM, IrishRob17 said:

Thanks for your thoughts Walt, Happy Easter!  

Probably everyone is aware of accumulations now in parts of Morris and Sussex counties in nw NJ as well ne PA high terrain.  None here yet at this 740' elevation but its wet snow and down to 33.4F.  

On 4/17/2022 at 8:44 AM, wdrag said:

Walt, if you can find a snowfall map of April 19-20, 1983 please post.  All I know about that storm is 2-4 inches fell on Long Island back to the city but close to 2 feet upstate.

With last night's storm there was close to 5" in the Poconos, with thundersnow and high winds.

• Like 1

Just now, NepaJames8602 said:

Got shafted even here in the far western Poconos, warm air aloft changed me over to sleet and even rain for most of the night. We are back to light snow now. Received about 3 inches of snow. Totals in far northern Pa near the Ny/Pa twin borders are in the 8 to 12 inch range at elevation. 

Binghamton is over 13” and still coming down for maybe one more hour there 

45 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

An inch and a half of rain, it's windy, misty and 40°. It sure feels like the second half of April :arrowhead:

GEFS means are troughy into the first week of May. This has the potential to be a tough year for gardens I think. Cold, wet soil for weeks to come. Nematodes and cutworms out the wazoo.

For now I'll just keep the brassicas inside where they seem to be pretty happy. I've been waiting until I see steady warmth from 14 days out to even start some of the other stuff so maybe things will dry out and the soil will actually warm up and I can plant by early May for mid May replant outside. For now it's just regrowth from last year and some peas and beans that I put out already.