Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

24 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Thought we'd be drying up by now, but still sheet drizzle. :( The worst winter in memory seamlessly parlaying into the worst spring in memory. Tipper says 3.00" storm total so we'll see what the Stratus truth is when I feel like wading through the yard.

For me it was 2.40" in the tipper and 2.43" in the Stratus

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Thought we'd be drying up by now, but still sheet drizzle. :( The worst winter in memory seamlessly parlaying into the worst spring in memory. Tipper says 3.00" storm total so we'll see what the Stratus truth is when I feel like wading through the yard.

2.34" in the Stratus. Consumer-grade tipper FTL during heavy rainfall rates, as usual.

It was an interesting drive north on 22 yesterday morning. The Croton River was raging and barely within it's banks in a few spots then on the north side of The Great Swamp the flooding was up onto the road in Wingdale. It was easily 10" deep in 2 spots. I went up to the Slate Valley area and it was soaked all the way up with high water problems in a few spots.

...and it's raining again :(

If you click on the links above you can see how much quicker Wappingers Creek is receding in comparison to the Wallkill River, which is always slower to recede here upstream from the dams. Here is a link to the gauge on the Wallkill  downstream from the dams, it’s receding more quickly. https://waterdata.usgs.gov/monitoring-location/01371500/#parameterCode=00065&period=P7D