Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Broad-scale subsidence taking a real toll on the precip shield. This thing will be in and out much quicker than I figured. 

Son of a bitch, You can already see it. Thought we were going to snow heavily till 2 o’clock looks like we have maybe another hour at most, at least where I am. Just the story of this winter.  

For now 30° and heavy snow. Under the weather today so no official measurements but there has to be at least 3 inches so far.

• Like 2

Still cranking at a good clip but I agree with the radar presentation. Ceilings have lifted considerably last hour and temperature went back up one degree. 

If this is how it ends…not bad. 

addendum: pushing 6” now. MLK was roughly 6.5” so just a little more to go to mark biggest storm of this winter.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah, seems like it’ll be over sooner than expected, the radar looks terrible now. 

Lousy calls by me yesterday. The storm is just not organizing the conveyor belt structure and throwing back moisture like I thought it would. Snow growth is getting really paltry already.

Much nicer than the cutter that was progged up until a day or two ago, though.

11 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Lousy calls by me yesterday. The storm is just not organizing the conveyor belt structure and throwing back moisture like I thought it would. Snow growth is getting really paltry already.

Much nicer than the cutter that was progged up until a day or two ago, though.

Radar showing precipitation breaking down in southeast Pa. 
this could be winding down in a couple of hours.

3 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

2.8” on the board but 3.6” if I measure in the yard so I’ll go with that measurement LOL

Thats why you always leave the grass long before winter. Marginal events, shove that ruler down to the soil line, the snow sits up on the grass…instant KU

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NepaJames8602 said:

7.0” inches here in the Poconos and snowing lightly, radar is really falling apart. It’s about wrapped up out here. 

The last gasp band moving in from the west could drop another quick 1-2” before we’re completely done. Wouldn’t count on it considering it is hauling.

Official measurements as I conclude round 1 of my cleanup confirm the 6” at my location thus far. 

• Like 2