• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

Overperformer? Sort of. In shady areas that haven't really warmed up despite temps in the 60s have well over 1" but everything else is .5 or so. Some hard exposed surfaces are over 1 too.

If this was at night with the same temps I think it would be more like 3 or even 4". This assinine obsession with it needing to snow during the day so it can be seen is bullxxxx. They want extreme, more more... and then complain it sux because it melts off quickly but they want it during the day. In March :arrowhead: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I'll bite. 2" of snow during the day is much preferable to me vs. 4" at night, all else being equal.

I dunno, I'd rather get more good quality snow than 2 or 3" of slush. 

...and that's what I got today, 2-3" of mush. It's more like 4" on certain surfaces. 2" max on the driveway away from the house because it's melting from underneath. 2" puts me at 21" for the season! 

1 hour ago, gravitylover said:

I dunno, I'd rather get more good quality snow than 2 or 3" of slush. 

...and that's what I got today, 2-3" of mush. It's more like 4" on certain surfaces. 2" max on the driveway away from the house because it's melting from underneath. 2" puts me at 21" for the season! 

Not sure why you would tally that as 2 inches. Other than your driveway it sounds like you’re in the 3-4 inch range. 

• Like 3

Intriguing situation setting up for what is probably our last dance this winter. I’m close enough to where the heaviest zones should set up to where I think I could pull one last 3-6/4-8” and call it a season. One where I’ll finish with about half of my normal averages though and no one storm over 6-8” :unsure:

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

When the sun first popped out...wow, that was something.

I hiked up to Skytop in Mohonk for sunrise and had a great undercast to go along with the snow-crusted trees. I think it's the first time I've seen that combination locally. I'll upload a couple of the shots later if I remember.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 6:25 PM, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Not sure why you would tally that as 2 inches. Other than your driveway it sounds like you’re in the 3-4 inch range. 

Because I was never able to measure over 2" at any point during the day. I shoveled 1.4 and 1.5 from the same spot so maybe it would have been over 3 with the final .5 I got but I didn't get to measure it that way. There were surfaces that had 4" and those were really representative of what actually fell but wouldn't qualify so I know what happened but don't claim it. 

It was a gorgeous drive up to Cortland NY this morning. Some of the high spots along 17 and 81 were sparkly and the low spots were eerie with freezing fog.