• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

I saw 59 on the dashboard and on a bank 2 minutes later so it's valid :) Damn it felt good working outside today. In fact, I think I'm gonna pop another beer and go back outside. 

R**n tomorrow, warm ski day Wednesday then watch the show at the end of the week. Gotta stop at a brewery and distillery along the way Wed. and stock up.

21 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Sleet is better than ice. Sorta. I don't know what to think for me here on Friday but I'm pretty sure I need more beer and a bottle of bourbon. Maybe some milk and cookies too :thumbsup:

Good afternoon gravity. The weather may not match but your shopping list looks to create a Biblical Boilermaker. Stay well, as always ….

I think I would split the difference between the GFS and NAM, given their respective biases. The extended HRRR has shown some real skill with thermals this season, so I'll be watching that... maybe not as a primary guidance source, but definitely for corroboration. In another 24 hours, if it's GFS and RGEM vs. HRRR and NAM, I know which way I'd hedge. 

Also, we're really torching ahead of this front. 64/55 here and quickly spiking. Paying our first dews of the season.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I think I would split the difference between the GFS and NAM, given their respective biases. The extended HRRR has shown some real skill with thermals this season, so I'll be watching that... maybe not as a primary guidance source, but definitely for corroboration. In another 24 hours, if it's GFS and RGEM vs. HRRR and NAM, I know which way I'd hedge. 

Also, we're really torching ahead of this front. 64/55 here and quickly spiking. Paying our first dews of the season.

I don’t think we’ll have a real handle on this event even up to nowcast time. Also a definite possibility of a sharp cutoff area wiggling thru our region plus a mixed bag of precipitation types. A real toss of the dice IMHO.

9 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

I don’t think we’ll have a real handle on this event even up to nowcast time. Also a definite possibility of a sharp cutoff area wiggling thru our region plus a mixed bag of precipitation types. A real toss of the dice IMHO.

Is this our first Winter Strom Watch of the season?  Second?  Do you recall?  @snywx?

4 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I was thinking that was just an Advisory that over performed but I honestly don't recall.

Good possibility because I do waking up to much more than what was expected. What a disaster of a year snow wise for us lol. What’s even more odd is how we managed 30+ days of consistent snowcover

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, snywx said:

Good possibility because I do waking up to much more than what was expected. What a disaster of a year snow wise for us lol. What’s even more odd is how we managed 30+ days of consistent snowcover

You can say that again, I’m on the Pocono Plateau at an elevation of 2,075’ where I average right around 70.0”. I don’t even think I have 20.0” for the season lol. Downright embarrassing winter for snow lovers.  I know winter isn’t over, and we can easily get snow well into April. However, in a matter of weeks it’s a wrap. I can’t see making up any substantial ground. I guess you win some, you lose some. 

• Like 3