Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

8 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Still predominantly rain here, which continues to be remarkable. It’s a very precarious position to be in, though.

Meanwhile, younger sibling had to deal with a fire drill at Oswego…in the middle of the night…during the snow. :blink: 

That wasn’t a drill, likely a drunk kid trying to be funny 

• Like 1

Meanwhile…my ****ing car decided to randomly turn on twice. Only thing i can think of is that someone bought a hyundai like mine, and is using the bluelink app to start his car (uses 3g so you dont need to be within a certain radius like regular remote starters) and entered the wrong vin number? It cant be a misfiring ignition switch because its turning off after 10 mins just like a remote starter would. 

oh and we have atleast a foot and its still snowing. Went for a nice hike through the woods this morning, best jebwalk ever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Meanwhile…my ****ing car decided to randomly turn on twice. Only thing i can think of is that someone bought a hyundai like mine, and is using the bluelink app to start his car (uses 3g so you dont need to be within a certain radius like regular remote starters) and entered the wrong vin number? It cant be a misfiring ignition switch because its turning off after 10 mins just like a remote starter would. 

oh and we have atleast a foot and its still snowing. Went for a nice hike through the woods this morning, best jebwalk ever.

Just think of the poor bastard that keeps getting into a cold car and can’t figure out why!  Enjoy your time up there ya bastard, it sounds perfect!  What’s the over/under on Ubu’s consumed by you today?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

There’s a void of mPING reports in the Mid-Hudson this morning unfortunately. If you don’t already use mPING I highly recommend you get the app and report your conditions it’s super easy and very useful. 

28 and now ice pellets mixing in. Thank god for that, was tough to take out the dogs earlier, at least the pellets are making for some traction.

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

Just think of the poor bastard that keeps getting into a cold car and can’t figure out why!  Enjoy your time up there ya bastard, it sounds perfect!  What’s the over/under on Ubu’s consumed by you today?

I have to make a stop at the pub to pick up more, i only have a few left. We have our dog with us too so maybe since shes named after the beer theyll give me a free one lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

28 and now ice pellets mixing in. Thank god for that, was tough to take out the dogs earlier, at least the pellets are making for some traction.

Glad to hear you have some pellets over there too, let’s cool that column!

6 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

I have to make a stop at the pub to pick up more, i only have a few left. We have our dog with us too so maybe since shes named after the beer theyll give me a free one lol

This has the makings of a “Who’s on First” Abbott and Costello routine if you bring her in when you order more. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

It absolutely refuses to drop below 32F at 32/29, still no visible icing that I can spot. 

Interesting to me that u have little ice in Sullivan while just west of Middletown we have what looks like .25.  U mentioned it may be elevation dependent. I am at 700 ft-- only expect a 1-2 degree lower temp from your elevation.  Maybe some other variables also contributing to this difference ??

3 minutes ago, Blizzwalker said:

Interesting to me that u have little ice in Sullivan while just west of Middletown we have what looks like .25.  U mentioned it may be elevation dependent. I am at 700 ft-- only expect a 1-2 degree lower temp from your elevation.  Maybe some other variables also contributing to this difference ??

I’m also at 750ish feet. Not sure, but everywhere around me with more elevation definitely has been icing this morning. These elevation gradients always play a part in what sensible weather I see around here but I was for sure certain we’d see at least some ice this morning. 

4 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

I’m also at 750ish feet. Not sure, but everywhere around me with more elevation definitely has been icing this morning. These elevation gradients always play a part in what sensible weather I see around here but I was for sure certain we’d see at least some ice this morning. 

And as I wrote this I see BGM got a report of .8” of ZR (definitely flat, so it works down to maybe .3-.4?) in Lake Ariel, not that far away from me. The difference? About 800 feet of elevation.