Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

20 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Let the whining increase further after that Euro run, LOL

Good. Save the ice, as we have all wished from the beginning.

11 minutes ago, MattyR said:

And it’s fitting that the dim sun has just made an appearance thru the snowflakes as if to say “I am your future”

Nothing dim about it here, it's turning into a bona fide nice day. Heavy, heavy taking down of Christmas lights.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Well, right or wrong, the time has come for my final call. Time is running out for those of us in the interior NW burbs to realize a major storm. The mesos are not only correcting east a bit but also trending toward more strung-out cyclogenesis, which will focus the precip shield along the SW/NE axis. I no longer believe we're in contention for the deform band, and in fact may spend most of the time under enhanced subsidence. The WV loop, while a thing of beauty, shows no major surprises at this stage.

HPN: 6.8"

SWF: 4.5"

MGJ: 2.9"

POU: 3.4"

Good call.. I agree with a general 3-6” ( west-east) up here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

35 inches in Highland Mills my favorite storm of all time.

I believe we were the jackpot area for that one in Orange County, the Monroe trained spotter came in with 34. There were places in the Catskills that were in the 40-50 inch range. I think Monticello recorded 38.

Of course what made it extra special was most of New England getting rain the whole time. I still feel guilty for taking such pleasure in that to this very day.

Def one of my favorites as well. I think it was a general 28-36” throughout the county. 

This is annoying. Enough snow for me to want to stay home. Not enough here, so gonna cause me to be jealous. Blizzard wont verify so not worth going to the beaches….

guess ill just have to drink some good beer, enjoy the little snow, cook up a few good meals, and go sledding w the kids. Sucks. Lol

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

This is annoying. Enough snow for me to want to stay home. Not enough here, so gonna cause me to be jealous. Blizzard wont verify so not worth going to the beaches….

guess ill just have to drink some good beer, enjoy the little snow, cook up a few good meals, and go sledding w the kids. Sucks. Lol

My dry January will cease in about 2 hours now, my wife and I made it long enough LOL

47 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Doesn't sound like a horrible weekend.

Heat went out in our house about 1:00, waiting on SOS (our Oil company) to see if they can fix today, dropped 5° in the house already. This could make for a fun weekend if they can't fix it. And through all that all I can still think of is this fickle storm. I really need mental help. We all do.

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Doesn't sound like a horrible weekend.

Heat went out in our house about 1:00, waiting on SOS (our Oil company) to see if they can fix today, dropped 5° in the house already. This could make for a fun weekend if they can't fix it. And through all that all I can still think of is this fickle storm. I really need mental help. We all do.

Damn, I hope they can get you up and running ASAP

• Like 1

That seems reasonable to me, I wouldn't go above 4" even down there.

Thanks!

Won’t deny that I wouldn’t love a big storm - but - we’ve had a lot in recent memory which satiates me, and if we get their 3-6” forecast (really, it’s 4 to 11 in my write up from them), that’s fine for the kids and dog to play around in. We had almost 4’ in my backyard last February and that was too much for them to have fun.

• Like 1

It's been snowing all day now with almost nothing to show for it. Seems like a waste but it's nice to look at, I guess. That's what happens with super light rates at 32-34° with filtered sun. It is starting to coat the pavement now though. I dunno, I never expected more than 3-6 so all the chatter has been nothing more than entertainment, as usual.