Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

6 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

NAM gonna NAM, but that run pivots the peripheral deformation band all the way back to the river for a few hours. Ultimately I think that will probably end up over the western third of CT. Bears very close watching, however.

JvSxBOV.png

All you need is a couple of hours under one of those at 3-4 inches per hour bands and when it pivots out you're sitting with a decent snow fall, no matter what happens the rest of the storm.

I hate getting suckered back in again but it does appear we are at least on the periphery of being back in the ballgame. At least until the next set of model runs.

And then of course the 6Z NAM spits out this. No support from any other models with these outputs and yes Julian I'm sick of seeing Kuchera maps too but I just had to post it here.

However the map does substantiate my doubling theory from earlier, except this wasn't suppose to happen until tonights 18Z.

I've been back and forth with this storm so many times I'm getting dizzy. If I somehow get 10 inches out of this when all is said and done I'll be more than happy.

6Z Nam Jan 28 2022 Kuchera.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

And then of course the 6Z NAM spits out this. No support from any other models with these outputs and yes Julian I'm sick of seeing Kuchera maps too but I just had to post it here.

However the map does substantiate my doubling theory from earlier, except this wasn't suppose to happen until tonights 18Z.

I've been back and forth with this storm so many times I'm getting dizzy. If I somehow get 10 inches out of this when all is said and done I'll be more than happy.

6Z Nam Jan 28 2022 Kuchera.jpg

Haha that would be great! No umm, it would be a hassle but FK! Almost 3 feet haha

12 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I think there's something to that. Get the column saturated and prepped so when things start to happen it happens quickly.

28* with flurries starting here now and barely a hint of a WNW breeze.

Yup, there is something to that.  I guess I need to lay the sarcasm on even more.  This ain't our storm over this way.  @snywx and I overperformed earlier this month so it'll likely be several years before that happens again for us unless we are talking high dews in the warm months...I'm sure we'll crush those for the foreseeable future.   

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yup, there is something to that.  I guess I need to lay the sarcasm on even more.  This ain't our storm over this way.  @snywx and I overperformed earlier this month so it'll likely be several years before that happens again for us unless we are talking high dews in the warm months...I'm sure we'll crush those for the foreseeable future.   

These gradient storms always suck for us far north and west. What does a guy have to do to order up a 1-2’ storm all up and down? :lol: I’ll gladly take this one off, though, considering our snow removal situation IMBY at the moment isn’t exactly the best.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

You always do well with destructive thunderstorms, not sure what more you could ask. :)

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

So what are you saying? The 6Z NAM Kuchera map showing 30-40 inches in the city and 18-24 through Eastern Orange County and Dutchess was wrong? I'm trying to downplay my expectations now.

29° and light snow with no accumulations. Kind of what tomorrow morning could look like.

My expectations haven't changed that much. I do expect 6-8 inches where I am in Eastern Orange County and 10 would be a great victory. Any less would be disappointing but certainly not a surprise, and anything above 10 a gift from the snow gods.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Sorry, lol.

As far as I'm concerned you guys are still repaying your debt from Feb '10.

Good storm but also a giant pain in the ass for me, lost power for 4 days with that one and it wasn't nice fluffy powder like this one will be be.  Well, it did get fluffy towards the end.  First world problems.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Good storm but also a giant pain in the ass for me, lost power for 4 days with that one and it wasn't nice fluffy powder like this one will be be.  Well, it did get fluffy towards the end.  First world problems.  

I was down in Fishkill right as the snow stopped and had never seen such vividly blue snow. Plow piles just emanating this deep turquoise glow. What a spectacle.

Then I returned home and my lawn was emanating a nice green.

• Haha 1

Well, right or wrong, the time has come for my final call. Time is running out for those of us in the interior NW burbs to realize a major storm. The mesos are not only correcting east a bit but also trending toward more strung-out cyclogenesis, which will focus the precip shield along the SW/NE axis. I no longer believe we're in contention for the deform band, and in fact may spend most of the time under enhanced subsidence. The WV loop, while a thing of beauty, shows no major surprises at this stage.

HPN: 6.8"

SWF: 4.5"

MGJ: 2.9"

POU: 3.4"

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Well, right or wrong, the time has come for my final call. Time is running out for those of us in the interior NW burbs to realize a major storm. The mesos are not only correcting east a bit but also trending toward more strung-out cyclogenesis, which will focus the precip shield along the SW/NE axis. I no longer believe we're in contention for the deform band, and in fact may spend most of the time under enhanced subsidence. The WV loop, while a thing of beauty, shows no major surprises at this stage.

HPN: 6.8"

SWF: 4.5"

MGJ: 2.9"

POU: 3.4"

A reasonable call.

I would add 3 inches to all of them and that would be my call. I guess I'm just the eternal optimist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

Sorry, lol.

As far as I'm concerned you guys are still repaying your debt from Feb '10.

35 inches in Highland Mills my favorite storm of all time.

I believe we were the jackpot area for that one in Orange County, the Monroe trained spotter came in with 34. There were places in the Catskills that were in the 40-50 inch range. I think Monticello recorded 38.

Of course what made it extra special was most of New England getting rain the whole time. I still feel guilty for taking such pleasure in that to this very day.

15 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

35 inches in Highland Mills my favorite storm of all time.

I believe we were the jackpot area for that one in Orange County, the Monroe trained spotter came in with 34. There were places in the Catskills that were in the 40-50 inch range. I think Monticello recorded 38.

Of course what made it extra special was most of New England getting rain the whole time. I still feel guilty for taking such pleasure in that to this very day.

I would love a repeat of that.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Let the whining increase further after that Euro run, LOL

Since the beginning it's almost been a 24 hour cycle with this F'n storm.

East one day, west the next, east the next, then west. At least tonight's 0Z's should be our day to go west again. Hopefully it won't be to late for most of us to get something fairly significant (4-6, 6-10).

I'm holding to my 8 inch prediction for Eastern Orange County. I may go down in flames but so be it.

• Like 1

Just now, CPcantmeasuresnow said:
Since the beginning it's almost been a 24 hour cycle with this F'n storm.

East one day, west the next, east the next, then west. At least tonight's 0Z's should be our day to go west again. Hopefully it won't be to late for most of us to get something fairly significant (4-6, 6-10).

I'm holding to my 8 inch prediction for Eastern Orange County. I may go down in flames but so be it.

I'm thinking you'll be putting @BxEngine to work.  I didn't even look at next week, which had something yesterday I think on the GFS.

• Haha 1