Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

34 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Maybe you have some garage space I could borrow for a week or so. I have a good friend who's a high level mechanic that lives up there and he offered to help but only if I have a garage to use. I'll bring beer ;)

You are always welcome here. Consider it like that cozy lounge where your buds are hanging out with chilled cocktails.

I have a couple barns with dirt floors and doors that don't close, if that's what you had in mind!

My 560SL is in the home stretch of its winter-long restoration by a friend up in Hudson. Before it returns home, I need to figure out how to keep the barn swallows out this spring. They'll ruin a new paint job before you know what happened.

31 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I have a couple barns with dirt floors and doors that don't close, if that's what you had in mind!

My 560SL is in the home stretch of its winter-long restoration by a friend up in Hudson. Before it returns home, I need to figure out how to keep the barn swallows out this spring. They'll ruin a new paint job before you know what happened.

Robin Spitz Swallows who works for Dr. Evil?

• Haha 2

-3° my coldest of the season so far and unexpected.

Waiting on the flurries, only two more days.

At least some hope for a 4-6 event up here based on some of last nights models. I think the 12Z's should give us better clarity today as forky said yesterday. Of course these types always seem to change their minds at the last minute (for better or worse) so I'll expect the flurries and anything else will be a bonus.

24 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

-3° my coldest of the season so far and unexpected.

Waiting on the flurries, only two more days.

At least some hope for a 4-6 event up here based on some of last nights models. I think the 12Z's should give us better clarity today as forky said yesterday. Of course these types always seem to change their minds at the last minute (for better or worse) so I'll expect the flurries and anything else will be a bonus.

Has any model ever gotten the timing and location of a capture exactly right?  Is that even possible?  25 miles makes all the difference.  You’re in the game.

• Like 1

I just posed this in the storm thread, but maybe one of you guys knows the answer to this. (And I’m due west of the city):

One of the few non-anecdotal stats I I know from reading the boards for 20+ years is that it's tough to get 10+" of snow in NYC and points south with a +AO and +NAO.

There are obvious exceptions (March 1993) of course, but… Why would this be different?

TIA. Solely wondering out of curiosity.

12Z GFS  a little west with the precip from 6Z.

Ups Middletown totals from 0.2 to 0.4. Poughkeepsie from 0.0 to 0.2

6 more runs until game time. If the doubling continues on each run Middletown is at 25.6 inches by the 0Z runs on Friday night.

Since Poughkeepsie went up from 0 to 0.2 that's theoretically up infinite %. Very tough there but lets just say the ceiling is infinite. Who needs meteorology when simple math will do.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I'm no good at math. I used to get my kids homework wrong when they were in second grade so the teacher told them to find someone else to help. I'm ok with it.

Very clever, teach the kids early that they should not rely on the parent for answers to their problems. Well done!

• Haha 1