Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

33 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

The madness will never end :lol:

coming back to earth a tad, the EPS ticked east somewhat.

Take my word for it.. donot become heavily invested in this potential storm. The euro is most likely out to lunch. It’s literally the only piece of guidance getting anything back this way 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

Take my word for it.. donot become heavily invested in this potential storm. The euro is most likely out to lunch. It’s literally the only piece of guidance getting anything back this way 

Unfortunately, true. It’s shockingly hard to not get mesmerized in the pure “WTF” caliber that 6z run provided 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snywx said:

Agreed, I never got too much into this one.  Sure I looked at the models each day but it's been clear for days now to me this isn't our storm.  Honestly, if we get anything even plowable I'd consider it a win at this point.  Hopefully someone on the east coast gets nailed though.  

My optimism earlier in the week does to have been misplaced. Oh well. I'd roll the dice with a phasing/amplifying trough like this any day of the week.

I was on the Walkway this morning at twilight. The floes and brash ice were floating north with the tide, the air was dead still and delightfully frigid, the billowing steam from chimneys across Poughkeepsie was backlit by the glow of dawn. I'm glad to live in a place where even a really crappy winter still looks like winter.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

My optimism earlier in the week does to have been misplaced. Oh well. I'd roll the dice with a phasing/amplifying trough like this any day of the week.

I was on the Walkway this morning at twilight. The floes and brash ice were floating north with the tide, the air was dead still and delightfully frigid, the billowing steam from chimneys across Poughkeepsie was backlit by the glow of dawn. I'm glad to live in a place where even a really crappy winter still looks like winter.

I like your positive perspective 

@BxEngineHaven't been but we will probably take a ride up to check it out one day this year.

I keep trying not to get too invested in this potential but I kinda can't help it sometimes. Even if you cut the Euro down by 75% it's still a nice storm if you think outside the last ~20 years.

Setting your expectations low is a good way to get through much of the current world we live in.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

@BxEngineHaven't been but we will probably take a ride up to check it out one day this year.

I keep trying not to get too invested in this potential but I kinda can't help it sometimes. Even if you cut the Euro down by 75% it's still a nice storm if you think outside the last ~20 years.

Setting your expectations low is a good way to get through much of the current world we live in.

As I've said before here, aim low and you won't be disappointed, AKA how I made it through college.  I'd feel a little better in your spot than some of us further north and northwest.  Lets see what the rest of todays runs brings.  Julian hit it right on the spot though IMO, you have to enjoy what's in front of you.  I'll never understand the need for some to have to jackpot.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't complain if that happened, I'd be bummed to miss a good one but if it warms up next week like everyone is talking about the sting of not dealing with mud and slush won't be too acute ;) My truck has been DOA for over a month now and I need a stretch of warm and dry weather to deal with it. I'd take it to a shop but the only ones that want to do this job are backed up for 2-3 months so I'm stuck doing it solo. Anyone here ever pull a supercharger off a Jaguar motor want to come help?

Of course, I would love to see a big snowstorm here, but I’m content with knowing I’ve seen a bunch already in my lifetime. (Heck, last February was the snowiest month I’ve ever seen in my own backyard, 40”+)

It’s good to remind ourselves we can’t control it, and at least we may not have to deal with aftereffects (flooding, mud, the like).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

Fun times when I was up there during college. Duffy’s tavern, a few other places, had some tasty beverages when looking out over a frozen paradise. 

Im gonna be up in Lake Placid next weekend so im not sure if im up for driving all the way up that direction 2 weekends in a row, but with this storm now missing, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

No way, not after last time when you promised me you owned all the cars in the parking garage and needed the catalytic converters for your kid's science fair project.

Maybe you have some garage space I could borrow for a week or so. I have a good friend who's a high level mechanic that lives up there and he offered to help but only if I have a garage to use. I'll bring beer ;)

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Good late afternoon all. I hope no one minds if I stay here awhile. I’m getting too old to spend extended time in the storm thread. As always

You are always welcome here. Consider it like that cozy lounge where your buds are hanging out with chilled cocktails.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1