• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

Hey I'll take this, it's been beautiful all night. Twinkly, slowly accumulating snow falling slowly then enhanced towards the end with bigger flakes taking their time getting to the ground. Now, the bright moon is flickering through windows in the fast moving clouds making the air sparkle for a moment at a time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Hey I'll take this, it's been beautiful all night. Twinkly, slowly accumulating snow falling slowly then enhanced towards the end with bigger flakes taking their time getting to the ground. Now, the bright moon is flickering through windows in the fast moving clouds making the air sparkle for a moment at a time. 

They should have sent a poet. :)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

As much as I'd love a significant snowfall this weekend, I must lament that it would probably put an end to ice season after maybe 10 good days of skating/fishing/ice yachting. It's hard to envision getting cold enough for long enough after the progged warm-up in early Feb and beyond.

I'm heading out west to go skiing friday evening so you can lock lock lock it up.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

If you aren't participating in a Dry January perhaps this crew should drink Labatt Blue week? Maybe Molson?  Except, of course, @Juliancolton...that Canadian run would cover the ice.

I'll raise my glass to Canada. That's a pretty epic storm of the kind you don't pass up. What I cannot abide is that Euro solution with its 5-9" of sand that ruins the ice as well as our futility bid, while burying Boston under feet and feet. Then again, avoiding English beer shouldn't be too much of an imposition...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I'll raise my glass to Canada. That's a pretty epic storm of the kind you don't pass up. What I cannot abide is that Euro solution with its 5-9" of sand that ruins the ice as well as our futility bid, while burying Boston under feet and feet. Then again, avoiding English beer shouldn't be too much of an imposition...

F The benchmark.

Definitely a term created by someone on Cape Cod or Boston area. Give me inside the benchmark any day and I'll take my chances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

F The benchmark.

Definitely a term created by someone on Cape Cod or Boston area. Give me inside the benchmark any day and I'll take my chances.

Absolutely, we talk about that just about every year in here. I don't have my KU book in front of me, but I have to assume the benchmark was their conception made through the lens of the I-95 corridor. I remember when I got the book as a kid, I was almost angry that some of the HV's biggest snowstorms were profiled in the afterthought "interior/near misses" section all the way in the back. lol

Tuck the low until I'm sweating the mixing line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Why am I already getting the feeling this supposed beast will be a no show again by tomorrow morning. Is it paranoia, or just preparing myself for the let down which odds favor? I swear if SNE gets buried by this and we're flurrying under filtered sunshine Saturday I'm done. No more heartache, I shouldn't be affected by winter weather to this degree. I was sure I was going to outgrow it by now.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Why am I already getting the feeling this supposed beast will be a no show again by tomorrow morning. Is it paranoia, or just preparing myself for the let down which odds favor? I swear if SNE gets buried by this and we're flurrying under filtered sunshine Saturday I'm done. No more heartache, I shouldn't be affected by winter weather to this degree. I was sure I was going to outgrow it by now.

It's coming. We may not jack, but it's coming. 

edit: I'm too lazy to fix the phrasing there, knock yourselves out

• Haha 2

On 1/24/2022 at 10:50 PM, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Yeah, I got a bad feeling too for our neck of the woods.  1-2 inches here with 15-20 inches 50 miles east of here.  Let's hope for the best but prepare for the worst. 

Last night a bad night for our sub forum. All hope not lost but hanging by a thread. Just not our storm. Really never was consistently and doubting that changes. Tonight runs should be telling. 

Bronx warned us. Wish I listened before I got emotionally involved. Filing for divorce from this storm, whatever the hell stupid name they give it, tomorrow morning. 

33 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Last night a bad night for our sub forum. All hope not lost but hanging by a thread. Just not our storm. Really never was consistently and doubting that changes. Tonight runs should be telling. 

Bronx warned us. Wish I listened before I got emotionally involved. Filing for divorce from this storm, whatever the hell stupid name they give it, tomorrow morning. 

I hear you.  This one's gonna sting as my relatives in New England swim in deep snow.  This is not our winter, especially here just East of the Hudson.  Still have only 10 inches for the season so far.  Unless things radically reverse, shades are down. 

What an utterly bizarre winter thus far, where DC has already done so, and NYC + Boston may soon join them in doubling us up with total snowfall for the season. Seasonal total here is just barely over a foot :blink:

and for comparison sake, last year by this time that total was over 20” with the February 1st big boy just beginning to come into the fold…