• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2022

IrishRob17

Heavy snow continues here on the Pocono Plateau, temp is hovering around 22 degrees and slowly climbing. I’m going to eyeball about 4”, stuff is blowing all over the place and hard to measure. Maybe Binghamton NWS warning for 5 to 9”, isn’t as far fetched as I was thinking earlier for my area. Just need to see how long it stays snow before the inevitable flip. 

• Like 2

Impressed… completely unexpected. 

still below freezing and 8” otg

Do you think it was completely unexpected because of this board or your own past experiences? I definitely try to weed out the extreme outliers on this board (whether it’s you give us 22 minutes, we’ll give you a torch, or names I’ve never heard of doubling down on 2’) and listen to people like Walt, Don, and Forky. (Others, too) With that said, it’s tough to cut through the noise.

We had several inches of snow down here in Morristown and gusty winds through 11. It turned to sleet and then rain after that, and now I want to make sure to get the plow in out before it freezes.

56 minutes ago, North and West said:

Do you think it was completely unexpected because of this board or your own past experiences? I definitely try to weed out the extreme outliers on this board (whether it’s you give us 22 minutes, we’ll give you a torch, or names I’ve never heard of doubling down on 2’) and listen to people like Walt, Don, and Forky. (Others, too) With that said, it’s tough to cut through the noise.

We had several inches of snow down here in Morristown and gusty winds through 11. It turned to sleet and then rain after that, and now I want to make sure to get the plow in out before it freezes.

Considering the track of the storm I would say it was a bit unexpected but when certain guidance refused to budge on its output it did raise some red flags. Upton as well most Mets had our area getting 3-5” followed by rain. Definite overperformer. 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Glad it over performed on snow but under on the wind. We all know wind gust maps are overdone but the 0z NAM last night really caught my atttion but thankfully it was really out to lunch at least around here. 

NAM was def out to lunch for our area.  Euro/Ukmet lead the way in these parts 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snywx said:

NAM was def out to lunch for our area.  Euro/Ukmet lead the way in these parts 

The HRRR held its own too. I'm starting to like that model for marginal temp setups.

Glad you guys cleaned up... I knew a good thump was in the cards, but definitely didn't see 8+ coming down the pipe

Up to 40F here, meanwhile 

• Like 5

Never really expected this. The voice of reason, Snowman19, had assured everyone there would be an inch or less below I84.

Still can't quite figure out why that guy hates snow so much. Sledding accident as a kid, car accident on snow as an adult? bad skiing accident that left him disfigured?

Correct on the HRRR, it nailed this for our area. At Robs urging I actually model watched the last two days instead of just reading comments.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2