Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 3 CAPE Storm

WxUSAF

Just now, mappy said:

I’m only looking at precip totals, 00z had me at .7, now it’s .4

in fact it’s drier area wide, eastern shore was over 2 qpf, now it’s closer to 1 

Are you sure? Not trying to be mean (I want you to get snow lol). I mean I think I know about where you are but maybe not

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

You have a map?

I think I get a handful of images to share per year or something as a goody two shoes with a subscription? One can't hurt... anyway I would echo Chill's comments, the jack looks suspicious between DC and Baltimore, but that's a lot of pink regardless.

index.thumb.png.13b50552dfae4bc121297241834ea87c.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 3

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’m only looking at precip totals, 00z had me at .7, now it’s .4

in fact it’s drier area wide, eastern shore was over 2 qpf, now it’s closer to 1 

Part of this could be due to the fact that 0z still had some rain from overnight impacting totals

Ninja'd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Hey @mappy I don’t see anywhere in that region of md that isn’t higher in precip and snow totals on euro. A lot higher in fact.

It’s really not terribly different over Baltimore county. Mappyland gets about 7” on Kuchera maps, similar to last run. Synoptic evolution and h5 says this could still end up more classic climo by the post storm analysis

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Are you sure? Not trying to be mean (I want you to get snow lol). I mean I think I know about where you are but maybe not

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Hey @mappy I don’t see anywhere in that region of md that isn’t higher in precip and snow totals on euro. A lot higher in fact.

Just now, Cobalt said:

Part of this could be due to the fact that 0z still had some rain from overnight impacting totals

Ninja'd

Yeah, I see my mistake. Sorry haha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, mappy said:

Yeah, I see my mistake. Sorry haha 

It is similar to 6z but upstairs is a hair better again. Not a bad spot to be in considering what we’ve seen the last few runs of both the GFS/Euro and the “trends” that have consistently pushed the goods further and further NW. Temp profiles are nice too. 

Just now, DDweatherman said:

It is similar to 6z but upstairs is a hair better again. Not a bad spot to be in considering what we’ve seen the last few runs of both the GFS/Euro and the “trends” that have consistently pushed the goods further and further NW. Temp profiles are nice too. 

I was looking at total precip, not 24hr and forgot about the overnight precip. All good. 

its actually better up here lol more precip. I wasn’t worried about the temps where I’m at. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I was comparing to 0z. Sorry didn’t make that clear. Oops lol

9 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

I think I get a handful of images to share per year or something as a goody two shoes with a subscription? One can't hurt... anyway I would echo Chill's comments, the jack looks suspicious between DC and Baltimore, but that's a lot of pink regardless.

index.thumb.png.13b50552dfae4bc121297241834ea87c.png

Jackpot is over my yard. I'll take. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic