• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Elarey7
    Newest Member
    Elarey7
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Classic setup for them, slp over the BM or a smidge outside it.  I have friends in SE CT so a chase visit is tempting as that area looks to be 16-18" on that GFS map.  But, local knowledge, SECT near the coast is a notorious screw hole for max snows. Could see them getting a foot but not chase worthy.  Maybe.

My wife is from NE Connecticut. Looks like they could get a foot and a half along with strong winds. 

6 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

My wife is from NE Connecticut. Looks like they could get a foot and a half along with strong winds. 

NE CT should do quite well.  I'll have to monitor next couple of days of model runs to see if a weekend trip is worthwhile. Might be the only decent snowstorm I see this winter. Saturday morning soccer and snowstorm that I could roll into a Sunday NFL day down there as my covid quarantine ends tomorrow.  

Just now, Syrmax said:

NE CT should do quite well.  I'll have to monitor next couple of days of model runs to see if a weekend trip is worthwhile. Might be the only decent snowstorm I see this winter. Saturday morning soccer and snowstorm that I could roll into a Sunday NFL day down as my covid quarantine ends tomorrow.  

Only worth chasing if 2-3 feet+ and strong winds.

5 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

Cmc shifted W some but we're still shutout up here. A 952mb bomb south of the BM. Major blizz for E LI and ENE.

Wow, still would be fun to observe from a distance. Serious winds on the Cape.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The Lake effect snow off Ontario is becoming more cellular with scattered squalls and sunshine (creating additional instability) in between. About to get a heavy burst here. We'll see if the band reforms.

image.thumb.png.16358f8da4ed2a7e0b964413f842af9e.png

Increasing sun angle!  

Snowing heavy here attm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

NE CT should do quite well.  I'll have to monitor next couple of days of model runs to see if a weekend trip is worthwhile. Might be the only decent snowstorm I see this winter. Saturday morning soccer and snowstorm that I could roll into a Sunday NFL day down there as my covid quarantine ends tomorrow.  

Same. Daughter moved to Boston in the fall. Might be a perfect weekend for a visit/chase. Always wanted to experience a nor’easter bomb along the coast. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolMikeWx said:

I'll take 1-2 days of 40s for more snowstorm potential as long as we don't go back to that pattern we had in December:blink:

I bet we do get a repeat of Dec, get out and ride now man! I bet The warmth they are showing will put the boots to winter as far as snowmobiling is concerned. 

3 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

I bet we do get a repeat of Dec, get out and ride now man! I bet The warmth they are showing will put the boots to winter as far as snowmobiling is concerned. 

Headed back up this weekend which would make 3 days total of riding, probably 4-500 miles total. Would like to atleast get presidents day weekend in.

Fingers crossed it's only temporary.

• Like 1

Just now, crossbowftw3 said:

I am in a very precarious position in the Catskills with this setup, starting to have some doubts creep in about seeing much of anything from this while NYC East easily pulls 12+ with jacks of 20+

Well, I might be headed from just North of Syracuse, say hello to Liberty then if it comes to fruition head to Lynbrook on Long Island

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sferic said:

Well, I might be headed from just North of Syracuse, say hello to Liberty then if it comes to fruition head to Lynbrook on Long Island

NYC and at least western LI will definitely need some ticks to get into the game at this stage but up here we need some huge shifts 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crossbowftw3 said:

NYC and at least western LI will definitely need some ticks to get into the game at this stage but up here we need some huge shifts 

Which as we know happens, remember March 2017 I think  and that low which dumped 2 feet plus in the Catskills originally had NYC in its crosshairs but low kept nudging west and west on each subsequent run