• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Warmer than here ?

It was in the low 70s

Of course it was. There's a reason I call it Saharasizzlesaharacuse.

It's like the freakin sauna of New York state. 5 to 10 degrees warmer than everyone else (except Dansville), especially when there's a South wind. Don't even get me started on the snow drought...

Nice, solid covering with huge, wet flakes coming down hard and accumulating. Temp is hovering around freezing. The overcast is actually quite low and thick, so solar radiation isn't affecting things too much. It looks like some nicer bands about to move through as well. Might actually make it to an inch or two by this evening.

Congrats to the Southern Tier and Eastern NY crew.

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nice, solid covering with huge, wet flakes coming down hard and accumulating. Temp is hovering around freezing. The overcast is actually quite low and thick, so solar radiation isn't affecting things too much. It looks like some nicer bands about to move through as well. Might actually make it to an inch or two by this evening.

Congrats to the Southern Tier and Eastern NY crew.

Most surfaces except for pavements are covered now. The temperature on my weather station has dropped to just above freezing and as the sun begins to set insolation is playing less of a role. 

5 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Most surfaces except for pavements are covered now. The temperature on my weather station has dropped to just above freezing and as the sun begins to set insolation is playing less of a role. 

It's interesting how during the winter, the time period of 10 am to 1 pm seems like a more difficult time for snow to accumulate due to solar effects than the 2 to 5 pm timeframe. We think of the "warmest time of day" in the summer as that 2 to 5 timeframe, but in the winter the sun's angle seems to be better for accums. at that time of the day.

@Syrmax, look! We got a coating to an inch while places just to our south and east got 4 to 6 inches! Don't you just love our mid-Atlantic climate? The cynicism and bitterness is strong within us as we get missed in every direction for 3 years straight. But, hey, I live 175 feet higher than the village of Baldwinsville and clearly got more snow than the village did. Higher elevation for the win. :lol:

51 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Sizzle coming back next week

6 to 10 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

8 to 14 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability

:clap:I’ve had it with this winter. I’m ready for warmer weather like last Sunday so I can get out on my bike. When we get burned time and time again how many times can you get kicked before you holler “no mas”?  Even if we got a foot of snow on Saturday the forecast for Monday is 50 so it’s going to melt anyways. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

80° in Syracuse? Lol

That puts an end to this dreadful winter..

It was crazy disparity in temperature last weekend. I went from -22 on Friday morning to 78 degrees on Sunday Afternoon. That was the largest change in temperatures I've ever experienced. 100 degree swing lol, my body went into shock.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

:clap:I’ve had it with this winter. I’m ready for warmer weather like last Sunday so I can get out on my bike. When we get burned time and time again how many times can you get kicked before you holler “no mas”?  Even if we got a foot of snow on Saturday the forecast for Monday is 50 so it’s going to melt anyways. 

Yeah once March comes I'm in the big dog storm or get warm mode. 

2 hours ago, CNY_WX said:

Agreed. So many burns...and the stupid models sucked us in again this week. They looked fantastic Monday through Wednesday afternoon. If the Nams and UK are right, the trace to 1 inch will be melted while it's still flurrying on Saturday.

I call fubar on their outlook because it's pretty hard to forecast below normal temps in Alaska. When it's below normal in Alaska, then that translates into a trough along the Eastern seaboard but we shall see.

If we get more than 3" I will be impressed but I seriously doubt anything over 4-6" nevermind 7-12", lol. This SLP, if you wanna call it that, is booking along at a super fast clip, so it's pretty much impossible to drop that kind of snowfall with such a progressive pattern, but the one saving grace is that the upper levels are still ideal for a period of Heavy Snow somewhere in and around CNY.

This is the 29th anniversary of the Storm of the 20th Century, Storm of 93'. It looked eerily similar leading up to the event then the models shit the bed as usual. CNY, face it, is a shitty area if you want some serious East Coast Events cause the SLP wants the super warm water along the Eastern seaboard, it doesn't want to head inland, lol, as it has tried to do several times this year.

Did today's Euro look as bad as the GFS? The GFS just doesn't make much sense, as I think it's wrong in it's depiction of the trough coming and going, within 14hrs! Perhaps it's biased towards lifting out troughs way before their ready. The trough doesn't even go negative tilt anymore either, which was slowing it down just enough to drop some decent snow but that's gone now.

This is the last Storm that I'm riding out as I'm headed back downstate where gas prices are approaching $6.75 on the Island of Staten which is absolutely absurd and it's not stopping either. By May June it'll be closer to $8.00, watch. I'm still hoping to get up into much higher elevation but I need to relax and just stack my bank and just keep looking for something special perhaps Vermont,

Good luck to all with this event cause tomorrow when we wake we will be either happy campers or extremely cause all's you hear is wet roads but one other saving grace is that this event is hitting us at Night so that will definitely help but don't expect the totals the NWS is throwing out so Ciao everyone and the next time I post I'll be in NYC, Peace to all and it was a great 20yrs downwind of Lake Ontario.

Ty

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

• Like 2