• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Yeah I’m not expecting the River Ice to go anywhere.  I’m going down to see the Lake ice once the Seiche rises to around 4-5’ the lake level will be above the booms max height causing it to submerge and then the ice will get pushed over top of it and start to rapidly fill into the Niagara River.  

FD0AD1BE-A248-4CCE-B1A6-F779E2919D79.png

I drove down to an area near the Humber River here in Toronto, where there is currently a massive ice jam. While I was standing on the bridge, looking at the jam, the ice suddenly started to move. Pretty amazing to see the power of nature.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks about right but would bump those totals around Buffalo a little. I'll be driving through that orange tomorrow. Going to pull off that exit to the northeast of Pulaski and find a diner. Any suggestions? :lol:

The Toothless Inn and Spa...

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

1.3" here 4.8" storm total. 81.8" on the year. Looks like 100" is a lock.

Definitely a solid winter. 86.4” on the season here. The snow pack persistence has been excellent. Will likely have over 2 months of continuous snow cover. Don’t see anyway we don’t hit triple digits before the seasons over. Hell we may hit it before the end of February. 

• Like 3

An area of low pressure tracking northeast along the central
Appalachians to the New England coast will begin to increase the
chance for snow late Thursday into Friday. There is still plenty of
model disagreement for this system. Most of the model guidance is
leaning toward a more easterly track with the storm, resulting in at
least a modest snowfall. Other guidance is farther west with the
storm, resulting in warmer temperatures and more in the form of rain
to at least to start before changing to snow.

9 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Bit of a head scratcher as to why the wind advisory starts at 1am and ends at 1pm. Seems like 6am-6pm makes a whole lot more sense in regards to the frontal passage. 

Was going to ask your thoughts on timing.  Based on radar still looking like the front itself is 10 hours out (45 mph… 450 miles) so 6am ish.  Feel the highest winds will only be a 3-4 hour window thinking 4am-8am with the peak period being 6am-7am when the front comes though.  Winds have been brisk off Erie this evening already gusting over 30.

C8B43568-7B0A-473E-ADE6-177136CDA524.jpeg

5 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Was going to ask your thoughts on timing.  Based on radar still looking like the front itself is 10 hours out (45 mph… 450 miles) so 6am ish.  Feel the highest winds will only be a 3-4 hour window thinking 4am-8am with the peak period being 6am-7am when the front comes though.  Winds have been brisk off Erie this evening already gusting over 30.

C8B43568-7B0A-473E-ADE6-177136CDA524.jpeg

Seems like it might come in two different short windows. 6-8am then 1-3pm. 

For late week system, we are at the mercy of how much that s/w digs out west. Nothing going to stop this from ripping west. Yes there is a beast of a HP in it's way, but nothing to really hold that in. More energy digs in out west, further north and or west that late week system goes. More stretched look or sheared I should say, weaker further south it will be

• Thanks 1