• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

3 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Lots of wind as well. Not best set up for south shore because of that wind. 

This won’t be a thing for Rochester. 10 minute white-out followed by cold, wind and flurries. 
But. I didn’t realize how close our next synoptic system was. Wow. I’ll have to turn my obsessive gaze in that direction 

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

This won’t be a thing for Rochester. 10 minute white-out followed by cold, wind and flurries. 
But. I didn’t realize how close our next synoptic system was. Wow. I’ll have to turn my obsessive gaze in that 

Mid week looks icy. Next weekend may be a big dog.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

We got way more snow than I expected. Probably close to 4” of absolute fluff.  I’ll take!!

Another total POWDER bomb in N Monroe County. 
This winter is on its way to earning an A, in my mind. Another storm that stepped up just when I thought it was over. 
I feel bad for those to our east but …..damn 21/22!!!! You aim to please! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Another total POWDER bomb in N Monroe County. 
This winter is on its way to earning an A, in my mind. Another storm that stepped up just when I thought it was over. 
I feel bad for those to our east but …..damn 21/22!!!! You aim to please! 

Still more to go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

If the ice made it out of the Buffalo River last night then it’s on its way over today.   Tomorrow morning will also be interesting as we look at have a short window of WSW winds gusting over 50mph which will very likely cause the lake level to rise above the height of the boom and we could see a violent ice flow exit the lake into the upper Niagara River for a few hours.  

Really interesting.  Thanks for the info!

I've driven down to Niagara a couple of times over the past two months and have been surprised by the lack of even a thin ice bridge, despite it having been the coldest January/February period since 2015. Perhaps it's due to December having been so mild? 

As discussed in earlier posts last month, I imagine the reason we don't see massive ice bridges like those seen in photographs from the 19th century and first half of the 20th is at least in part due to the existence of the ice boom since the 1950s.

• Like 1