• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

Yep. I think I’m looking at 3-6” of snow after the rain. I’m big into international relations so this system is on the back burner. I’m following it a bit but my time is spent following Ukraine-Russia right now 

Relax. Enjoy the snow.  We'll enjoy our rain here. Nothing of substance  is going to happen there. It's baked in theatre.

4 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Caz looks like it has been fully blown out now.  Buffalo River on the other hand has a major jam in place from Smith Street back to the area behind Tesla.  Two additional jams are lurking just upstream into Kaiser Town area.  Could be some flooding problems down in the First Ward tonight if these start shifting. 

22D6E21D-1587-440E-9FF5-6F45B877E13E.jpeg

Had a birdseye view from my truck today while in the 90. That area of the Buffalo River was jammed with ice throughout and the water level was no more than 2-3 feet from the bottom of the Harlem Rd bridge. 

30 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Relax. Enjoy the snow.  We'll enjoy our rain here. Nothing of substance  is going to happen there. It's baked in theatre.

I think so as well but can never be certain, so I’m following it on some discords 

also 33F and rain here so I’m not missing much. Looking upstream at London and I think we might get a prolonged period of freezing rain instead of snow. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

The R/S line is nearly stationary for the last 90 minutes. Actually ticked North. I’m VERY dubious of 3-6 anywhere stateside. 

Lol I know you’ve mentioned your a winter guy so what I’m about to say will probably make no sense. 

Almost identical set up two weeks ago and I was stressing about when the switch over will happen ect.. 

Since I get into spring fever after mid February this storm means nothing to me haha. Rain all night and I wouldn’t be upset. It’s in the 40s and sunny by Sunday/Monday so the snow won’t be around long anyways. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

I think so as well but can never be certain, so I’m following it on some discords 

also 33F and rain here so I’m not missing much. Looking upstream at London and I think we might get a prolonged period of freezing rain instead of snow. 

If you’re in Mississaugua, you’ll be snowing within the hour

6 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

It's been snowing here in north Toronto for an hour now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Lol I know you’ve mentioned your a winter guy so what I’m about to say will probably make no sense. 

Almost identical set up two weeks ago and I was stressing about when the switch over will happen ect.. 

Since I get into spring fever after mid February this storm means nothing to me haha. Rain all night and I wouldn’t be upset. It’s in the 40s and sunny by Sunday/Monday so the snow won’t be around long anyways. 

Potentially more snow next week. This winter is likely not ending until mid March, at least.

• Like 1

I had a high of 51° this morning(briefly) around 8:50 am but most of the day has featured mid 40s.. Rainfall is up to 0.26" on the day..I think our snow pack will live to fight another day as I still have a solid covering with"only" 6 hours or so till the frontal passage..

Rain has picked up of late though..

WUNIDS_map - 2022-02-17T191541.324.gif

39 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

Our pack took a pretty big hit today. Still big patches of snow but a lot of bare ground. 

Same here, looks like we have bare patches and 3-4" of snow over most of the property, one of those situations where its a judgment call as to what to report for snowdepth. Given another 8+ hours of mid 40s and rain, it might be an easier call in the morning.