• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

3 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

Yes, I could see kissing bridge as I was the next ridge over. Went kissing bridge. Then the sprague park and I was right next to that park the house that I backed out of. 

That's a really nice spot. Probably the best retention in Erie county and gets hit with lake effect from WSW/W/WNW flow. They probably average 180-190" a year. Spraguebrook is my favorite cross country trail in Erie County.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That's a really nice spot. Probably the best retention in Erie county and gets hit with lake effect from WSW/W/WNW flow. They probably average 180-190" a year. Spraguebrook is my favorite cross country trail in Erie County.

It was a beautiful area honestly the one time I was up there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

36 out of the last 43 days at BUF with at least a T of snow…snow depth over 6”for weeks…basically deep winter from Jan 1 to mid Feb. Pretty amazing stretch in these parts. 

The difference between you guys and CNY/ENY has been huge. That northern stream just does not want to include us.

• Like 1

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

How's the snowpack down there in Broome county? I imagine the city itself is down to bare ground?

I haven't been down to the city proper in month or more, but we still have about a 5" of glacier left here and I'm 15mi nw of the city. I'm guessing the city probably still has few inches of glacier still. Without the sleet and freezing rain from last storm we'd all be bare down here after that warmup last week.

If anyone is into ice fishing, the almost annual Crappie Derby contest is supposedly a go for next weekend after being cancelled last few years from lack of ice. It's a big ice fishing contest on Whitney Point Lake in Northern Broome (exit 8 on I-81). Supposedly draws a crowd of 8,000+ fishing enthusiasts from all over the Northeast. I heard the last measurement still showed 11" of ice cover on the lake.

4 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

The almost annual Crappie Derby is supposedly a go for next weekend after being cancelled last few years from lack of ice. It's a big ice fishing contest on Whitney Point Lake. Supposedly draws a crowd of 8,000+ fishing enthusiasts from all over the Northeast. I heard the last measurement still had 11" of ice cover on the lake.

There's going to be issues with that if the storm this week doesn't come substantially further south. I have a feeling they'll have to cancel.

12 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

There's going to be issues with that if the storm this week doesn't come substantially further south. I have a feeling they'll have to cancel.

Yeah hopefully not. According to their website, the last measurement was actually 14" on 2/8. Luckily a few more cold days and nights before the warm up later this week. Not sure what their minimum requirement is for ice depth.