• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

44 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Yikes, that's some tough timing.  Wednesday looks like the only day you can salvage a decent full day and maybe the first half of Thursday.  If I had to go to one of those 4 places and conditions were equal at all of them I would pick Greek Peak hands down.  

Even though Snow Ridge is (slowly) passing 100"? 

It's too bad to see winter taking a dump everywhere already :( 

Pack took a pretty hard hit today.  Its getting really compacted now absorbing this rain tonight.  I still don't think it's losing that much water content overall, haven't noticed any increases on area creeks.  We hit the deep freeze again for a few days so should turn the leftover slop into a block of ice.  Then still up in the air a bit for back half of next week.      

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Pack took a pretty hard hit today.  Its getting really compacted now absorbing this rain tonight.  I still don't think it's losing that much water content overall, haven't noticed any increases on area creeks.  We hit the deep freeze again for a few days so should turn the leftover slop into a block of ice.  Then still up in the air a bit for back half of next week.      

noticed the same thing here. 38F and light rain. This is snowpack is taking a beating but still about a solid 4-6" on the ground. This last little bit will take some time to melt. 

13 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Sorry to hear it. Don’t ever take the barb’s seriously- it’s only weather. But I do cherish the long term friendships we’ve developed over the years. That’s how come we can snipe at each other. That and because it’s online. I’m a real friendly SOB face to face. Lol

12 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Hope all is well Matt, we're all here for you. :hug:

11 hours ago, sferic said:

Nothing bad lasts forever, hang in there

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty sure I've shared it on here before. I live with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Diagnosed and take medication for it.) Living with this disorder is pure hell sometimes. I'm thankful I have a wife who is patient, gentle, and firm (when she needs to be). But it does cause me to be moody and irritable because my brain can "just let go" like a "normal" brain can.

21 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Thanks, guys. I'm pretty sure I've shared it on here before. I live with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Diagnosed and take medication for it.) Living with this disorder is pure hell sometimes. I'm thankful I have a wife who is patient, gentle, and firm (when she needs to be). But it does cause me to be moody and irritable because my brain can "just let go" like a "normal" brain can.

I suffer from OCD too, since I was a child.

It usually afflicts creative and eccentric folks the most if that's any consolation

My mind doesn't shut down, ever.

I have also used OCD to pull off some amazing things as I have used it to my advantage

You are not alone !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sferic said:

I suffer from OCD too, since I was a child.

It usually afflicts creative and eccentric folks the most if that's any consolation

My mind doesn't shut down, ever.

I have also used OCD to pull off some amazing things as I have used it to my advantage

You are not alone !

Thanks for sharing. I have definitely found ways that it is a gift to the world...and makes me extremely caring and thoughtful towards people in my life. Though, the internal battle can be exhausting...and I have been struggling a bit.

• Like 2