• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yup, that's why I've discussed finding some elevation. Sick of the sizzle.

O yea, elev is massive. Honestly, I probably will move again to somewhere in the tughill in the near future. I got this house to just get up here. Now that I'm close I actually take the time to look at houses instead of driving 5 hours to see a house.

Btw, pretty wild, lowville webcam in the center of the town is not even snowing really. Been steadily snowing here as I'm basically on the edge of the adirondacks. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tombo82685 said:

O yea, elev is massive. Honestly, I probably will move again to somewhere in the tughill in the near future. I got this house to just get up here. Now that I'm close I actually take the time to look at houses instead of driving 5 hours to see a house.

Btw, pretty wild, lowville webcam in the center of the town is not even snowing really. Been steadily snowing here as I'm basically on the edge of the adirondacks. 

I'm looking at either trying to get closer to Fulton (maaaybe Parish) or Lafayette/Tully/Pompey/Cazenovia areas (higher up in elevation). Not sure though...several different factors involved with regards to work/where my wife works near Hiawatha Blvd., etc in Syracuse.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

I'm looking at either trying to get closer to Fulton (maaaybe Parish) or Lafayette/Tully/Pompey/Cazenovia areas. Not sure though...several different factors involved with regards to work/where my wife works near Hiawatha Blvd., etc in Syracuse.

luckily I'm single, so it's wherever the bleep I want to go lol. I've been thinking that rodman to worth to copenhagen over to 81 south of watertown 

• Haha 3

Copenhagen is a pretty good spot..1200 feet of elevation, just 6-7 miles from Carthage/West Carthage to do some shopping.. Only 14 miles from Watertown, average 200ish per year and usually get crushed with the WSW flow.. Pretty views around that area as well, especially in Fall..

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Last winter didn't even really start until around this time, so I keep thinking there's hope for this winter. But, I'm so skeptical just because of how the tracks have set up and the faaaaaast flow.

Last february was driven by a SSW, completely different this year. We are basically hanging on favorable MJO  right now which is giving us a bit favorable of a pacific look but with lack of blocking nothing can turn the corner unless the pna ridge is in the right spot. 

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Maybe Carol has a Unabomber shack you could get on the cheap?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, mississaugasnow said:

With over 6 inches of snow depth coming up to nearly 4 weeks in GTA I’m nearly over winter 

Ideally one more storm/cold outbreak but I’d love for 50s to start asap. I love Morchs haha 

Another couple weeks and I will be there. Doesn't take much to get my winter fix in. I just hope we don't get 40s and cold, cloudy, and rainy like we've had the last few years in late March-early May. That's the most depressing weather there is. The last few years we've skipped spring right to summer. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Last winter didn't even really start until around this time, so I keep thinking there's hope for this winter. But, I'm so skeptical just because of how the tracks have set up and the faaaaaast flow.

Looking back at last years photos to judge snowbank size haha. Last year mid February was packed with snow and created massive snowbanks. The thaw started almost immediately though and by end of February my piles were diminishing fast. March 13th I took the last photo of a tiny remnant baking in the sun haha. By March 20th Toronto had 7 days in a row around 55-65F with a severe thunderstorm warning

I know everyone wants winter to win out but now we're getting to the point in the calendar where changes will start pretty fast. 

• Sad 1