• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Actually been a great day. Thanks for your concern though

Just curious...why did you troll the New England guys during their entire storm? I mean, you do you...but I think it's caused you to lose lots of respect (whatever that means for online) and be on the verge of blacklisted...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Someone in our subforum is going to get the goods.....and a chance that all can score big..let's stay together family...

BGM really downplayed ice potential in their afternoon discussion.

But where I am in Otsego County the models look ripe for a nasty ice storm.  Not my cup of tea.

Your thoughts on the ice potential for our area are appreciated.

13 minutes ago, cny rider said:

But where I am in Otsego County the models look ripe for a nasty ice storm.  Not my cup of tea.

This far out...prbably a bit hard to assess the potential, without seeing how deep the cold air is as the front slides through....but there certainly is an elevated risk,  based on some model depictions.

1 minute ago, LakeEffectKing said:

This far out...prbably a bit hard to assess the potential, without seeing how deep the cold air is as the front slides through....but there certainly is an elevated risk,  based on some model depictions.

Its looking likely even if the trends are north that Buffalo-Niagara will be looking at a winter storm. Not sure now whether thats 6"+ or ice storm. But I think rain is almost off the table. 

Any idea when Buffalo would issue watches? With this high impact of a storm I wonder if they pull the trigger a shift earlier compared to normal 

• Weenie 1

21 minutes ago, cny rider said:

They tend to downplay things. Most of their discussion for this week was centered around rain and melting snow with a very quick/brief mention of snow possibilities in CNY.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Its looking likely even if the trends are north that Buffalo-Niagara will be looking at a winter storm. Not sure now whether thats 6"+ or ice storm. But I think rain is almost off the table. 

Any idea when Buffalo would issue watches? With this high impact of a storm I wonder if they pull the trigger a shift earlier compared to normal 

BW’s thought was tomorrow afternoon. Seems plausible as it would only be 36 hours before the system would be upon us.