• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

I'm so sick of this. I love you Western NY guys...but for real...can we just have some SYNOPTIC snowstorms that don't screw us in CNY?!?!?!? So maddening.

Buffalo is only slightly above its 30 year seasonal snowfall mean. Our brains have been so warped by these extreme snowfall deficits that we think Buffalo has been getting buried. In actuality, this is one great month in a great desert of crappy winters. I'm not complaining -- the last 3  1/2 weeks have been awesome -- but I don't see how Buffalo is going to get the 2.5 to 3 feet needed just to finish at the seasonal average. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, WNash said:

Buffalo is only slightly above its 30 year seasonal snowfall mean. Our brains have been so warped by these extreme snowfall deficits that we think Buffalo has been getting buried. In actuality, this is one great month in a great desert of crappy winters. I'm not complaining -- the last 3  1/2 weeks have been awesome -- but I don't see how Buffalo is going to get the 2.5 to 3 feet needed just to finish at the seasonal average. 

Have you looked at the LR? Plus all it’s going to take is a couple decent storms with nickle and dime events…I’m honestly wondering how we DON’T get to at least 100” 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, WNash said:

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Have you looked at the LR? Plus all it’s going to take is a couple decent storms with nickle and dime events…I’m honestly wondering how we DON’T get to at least 100” 

Exactly. 2 to 3 feet to get near normal over the course of 2 more months won't be that hard. The 7 MORE feet we need to get near normal here will, uh, be much harder to get.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, WNash said:

KBUF snow total is kinda fluky too since the airport was in the sweet spot for a couple LES events, which is unusual. North of the city where I am, we're below average and I assume the southtowns are well below normal.

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Where did that 3 day torch go lol

I think we can all agree that we kind of need a 3 day torch to melt some of this snow so that we have room for more. And the sidewalks and parking lots can be cleaned off better to keep everyone safe.  Let's get that Torch!