• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Will move all over next few days I think. I still favor a more suppressed look. 

Yeah definitely.. Going to come down to the strength and placement of the Western Atlantic ridge as well as the Strong HP dropping south.. Should have some wintry somewhere in the middle lol

2 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

Ice to snow or even rain-ice-snow will essentially lock in this snowpack for a long time. 

I’m beginning to have that “old fashioned” way it used to be winter feeling. We’ve had snow cover a good majority of January save for a few days. IF this next system stays mostly snow or ice for far WNY we may not lose that cover for some time. And it’s been years since we could say that. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah its really getting insane whats going on in central NY. Still an anomalous year. 

I'm at 45" for Season and believe it or not, 28" in January...roughly normal snowfall in Jan.  The nickels and dimes have provided! We need Feb to be like Jan just to reach last year's miserly 76". Forget about the prior year's weaksauce 88"...

KSYZle is at 35.8" season and 22.1" for Jan...Average for the Sizzleport is 29.6" in Jan as of 1/28 and 70.2" for season.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I'm at 45" for Season and believe it or not, 28" in January...roughly normal snowfall in Jan.  The nickels and dimes have provided! We need Feb to be like Jan just to reach last year's miserly 76". Forget about the prior year's weaksauce 88"...

KSYZle is at 35.8" season and 22.1" for Jan...Average for the Sizzleport is 29.6" in Jan as of 1/28 and 70.2" for season.

Yeah thats not terrible. I'm at 59.8" and its definitely felt like winter all of January. 

39 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I’m beginning to have that “old fashioned” way it used to be winter feeling. We’ve had snow cover a good majority of January save for a few days. IF this next system stays mostly snow or ice for far WNY we may not lose that cover for some time. And it’s been years since we could say that. 

Local Mets going heavy snow route lol 

Either way the warmup is gone. 2 straight months of cold and snow was only seen in 2013-2015 winters 

TWO STORMS...One,  well off to the east, misses us this weekend. We could get an intense storm in here later next week with a heavy snow potential. Monitoring, @News4Buffalo WakeUp! Now on CW23 until 10:00 am.

03233B9D-B897-4EA5-89A6-67EAC84BB921.jpeg

• Confused 1

Little change as it still looks like we will see a brief reprieve
from the cold during this period.

Tuesday expect somewhat mild conditions (30s to low 40s) but mainly
dry weather. Although, we might see a few snow showers with the warm
front tied to the low approaching James Bay. Tuesday evening, its
cold front will then approach the Lower Lakes with increasing
chances of rain and/or snow showers. After that, there remains a lot
of uncertainty where the cold front will hang up and then direct
several waves across the eastern Great Lakes. Have leaned on a model
blend with p-type as a mix of rain and snow as of right now from
Wednesday through Thursday night. A lot will ride on where the 850
hPa thermal gradient sets up and then the track of the sfc lows.
Stay tuned!

Friday it appears that we will again turn colder as an Arctic air
mass filters in for the start of the weekend.