• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

3 hours ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

E7FC5B2A-A42F-45D4-96CE-7D85A091A016.thumb.gif.e050e21de159269233b973db3db93ec0.gifthis Lake Ontario band has been incredible to watch.  Looks like it’s going to spin up into a bigger more defined swirl as it gets pushed north 

Maybe it will hang around and capture the weekend storm and pull it all the way inland?  To Jamestown!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Hey look the NAM jumped 300 miles in one run. I wouldnt worry yet, but the trend is there.

Couple more of those and it's the Jamestown Express...All Aboard! :lmao:

Edit: got that backwards...NAM trending to Flemish Cap solution. LOFL.

There's always the JMA to cling to in times like these... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

NE Forum with that melt vibe we had in CNY last storm.  For us, we didn't want to believe the sleet and dryslot indications on modeling.  But we at least had the lake to quasi rescue us in the late innings of the actual game.   00Z a big run to see if 18Z was a burp or...something more sinister... ;)

January 2022's weather journal for Buffalo written circa 1691...

* Every day this month (26 days!) has had measurable snow.  I fear this climate is too harsh for any long-term settlement as these conditions are akin to those rumored to occur in the far northern regions. 

* The snow appears suddenly out of nowhere.  Our local Doctor/Pastor/Postmaster/Weatherman announced today that the snow streak would be broken as the atmospheric pressure was certainly too high for any frozen precipitation to fall.  No sooner said than 2 inches of fluff fell from the sky this morning.  And lo...as I pen this there are yet more cotton balls pouring down into the night.  Clearly weather forecasting has a long way to go...I'm sure by the 21st century such folly will never take place.   

* The heavy falls of snow are unlike anything even written in legend.  Two separate days in a little over a 1 week span where 17 inches fell!  

* Remarkably, we have a report from our fellow settler Tughillory Matt of the Lysander colony of no snow cover, mild temperatures, and even early blooming plants.  Given his proximate latitude to our colony he must be located in a wonderful microclimate to afford such mid-winter bliss.  Oddly, all of his correspondence gives a sad and bitter tone.  

So that's my silly way of relaying some pretty amazing stats for BUF in January (20)22!  

• Haha 9

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

* Every day this month (26 days!) has had measurable snow.  I fear this climate is too harsh for any long-term settlement as these conditions are akin to those rumored to occur in the far northern regions. 

* The snow appears suddenly out of nowhere.  Our local Doctor/Pastor/Postmaster/Weatherman announced today that the snow streak would be broken as the atmospheric pressure was certainly too high for any frozen precipitation to fall.  No sooner said than 2 inches of fluff fell from the sky this morning.  And lo...as I pen this there are yet more cotton balls pouring down into the night.  Clearly weather forecasting has a long way to go...I'm sure by the 21st century such folly will never take place.   

* The heavy falls of snow are unlike anything even written in legend.  Two separate days in a little over a 1 week span where 17 inches fell!  

* Remarkably, we have a report from our fellow settler Tughillory Matt of the Lysander colony of no snow cover, mild temperatures, and even early blooming plants.  Given his proximate latitude to our colony he must be located in a wonderful microclimate to afford such mid-winter bliss.  Oddly, all of his correspondence gives a sad and bitter tone.  

So that's my silly way of relaying some pretty amazing stats for BUF in January (20)22!  

Genius!! :lmao:

40 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Tughillory Matt!!!

• Haha 3