• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

11 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

GFS with a 3 footer for Boston

snku_acc.us_ne.png

Classic setup for them, slp over the BM or a smidge outside it.  I have friends in SE CT so a chase visit is tempting as that area looks to be 16-18" on that GFS map.  But, local knowledge, SECT near the coast is a notorious screw hole for max snows. Could see them getting a foot but not chase worthy.  Maybe.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Classic setup for them, slp over the BM or a smidge outside it.  I have friends in SE CT so a chase visit is tempting as that area looks to be 16-18" on that GFS map.  But, local knowledge, SECT near the coast is a notorious screw hole for max snows. Could see them getting a foot but not chase worthy.  Maybe.

My wife is from NE Connecticut. Looks like they could get a foot and a half along with strong winds. 

6 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

My wife is from NE Connecticut. Looks like they could get a foot and a half along with strong winds. 

NE CT should do quite well.  I'll have to monitor next couple of days of model runs to see if a weekend trip is worthwhile. Might be the only decent snowstorm I see this winter. Saturday morning soccer and snowstorm that I could roll into a Sunday NFL day down there as my covid quarantine ends tomorrow.  

Just now, Syrmax said:

NE CT should do quite well.  I'll have to monitor next couple of days of model runs to see if a weekend trip is worthwhile. Might be the only decent snowstorm I see this winter. Saturday morning soccer and snowstorm that I could roll into a Sunday NFL day down as my covid quarantine ends tomorrow.  

Only worth chasing if 2-3 feet+ and strong winds.

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

The Lake effect snow off Ontario is becoming more cellular with scattered squalls and sunshine (creating additional instability) in between. About to get a heavy burst here. We'll see if the band reforms.

image.thumb.png.16358f8da4ed2a7e0b964413f842af9e.png

Increasing sun angle!  

Snowing heavy here attm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

NE CT should do quite well.  I'll have to monitor next couple of days of model runs to see if a weekend trip is worthwhile. Might be the only decent snowstorm I see this winter. Saturday morning soccer and snowstorm that I could roll into a Sunday NFL day down there as my covid quarantine ends tomorrow.  

Same. Daughter moved to Boston in the fall. Might be a perfect weekend for a visit/chase. Always wanted to experience a nor’easter bomb along the coast. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolMikeWx said:

I'll take 1-2 days of 40s for more snowstorm potential as long as we don't go back to that pattern we had in December:blink:

I bet we do get a repeat of Dec, get out and ride now man! I bet The warmth they are showing will put the boots to winter as far as snowmobiling is concerned. 

3 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

I bet we do get a repeat of Dec, get out and ride now man! I bet The warmth they are showing will put the boots to winter as far as snowmobiling is concerned. 

Headed back up this weekend which would make 3 days total of riding, probably 4-500 miles total. Would like to atleast get presidents day weekend in.

Fingers crossed it's only temporary.

• Like 1

Just now, crossbowftw3 said:

I am in a very precarious position in the Catskills with this setup, starting to have some doubts creep in about seeing much of anything from this while NYC East easily pulls 12+ with jacks of 20+

Well, I might be headed from just North of Syracuse, say hello to Liberty then if it comes to fruition head to Lynbrook on Long Island

• Like 1