• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

5 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Syracuse has been doing awful, just it has the last couple winters. Looks like today Rochester and Buffalo will add on to theirs even more, while Syracuse will add a tiny bit. Albany has had a very rough stretch as well. The East Coast synoptic storms that help add to our totals have obviously been MIA.

NYS Seasonal Snowfall

Rgem wants to throw Bville a bone

rgem-all-nystate-total_snow_kuchera-3284800.thumb.png.1aa0b1ee6db6c70ee9d1c47c448caf31.png

5 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Cuse is running about same departure as I am. I’m at 39.2 on season. By feb 1 should be at 76”. What makes it worse for cuse, I don’t think they even have much snow otg? We atleast have a 8-9” snow pack here 

I have about 7-9" o.g. in North burbs. City has less due to the usual city factors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TugHillMatt said:

Syracuse has been doing awful, just it has the last couple winters. Looks like today Rochester and Buffalo will add on to theirs even more, while Syracuse will add a tiny bit. Albany has had a very rough stretch as well. The East Coast synoptic storms that help add to our totals have obviously been MIA.

NYS Seasonal Snowfall

That's a massive departure for Syracuse. While temps have been cold lots of dry air has caused issues with good LES events forming. Sometimes you can have it too cold which we've had a few times this year. It still only takes 1 event to get back to average.

Just now, rochesterdave said:

GEFS is also improved with the trough. Lots of positive changes this 0z run. 

Rooting for it! I was refreshing the GFS page as the model was running to see if there was a change. 6 Days out, it's go time for watching.

Hopefully Euro and the next few runs come more west.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rochesterdave said:

The western ridge looks to be backed up a bit and there’s better blocking in the Northern Atlantic. This is coming west. 

It's in a good spot for a Hudson Valley hit but I won't be home so I wouldn't mind a 100 mile westward jog to slam upstate.

Now if I feel up to waiting for the Euro <_<