• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

3 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

I think it’s the most exciting time frame we’ve had since last February. I’ll eat my hat if we don’t score at least one big one in the next two weeks. 
And while I’m at it, BufWX was right on time with this pattern change. He was calling it well before Christmas. Great call.

#timestomped

Thinking ballcap or a classy Fedora?

• Haha 3

I don't mean to derail any conversation here but I wanted to thank everyone on this thread and the other upstate threads for being awesome and sharing all the knowledge.

I've been sitting in the shadows waiting for my account approval; following this and some of the LES threads as I snowmobile Tug Hill and the OF areas quite a bit and of course I just love snow in general. I've been really been itching to ride and next Saturday to Monday will be the first of the season for me.

I'm from the Hudson Valley area (Middletown) and absolutely love following and learning this stuff so thank you for making my winter that much more enjoyable.

Good luck tonight through Tuesday to whoever hits the LES jackpot up there, hopefully (sorry southern guys) the hill gets some attention :) and hopefully we some decent white gold next weekend (maybe).

Mike

• Like 11

2 hours ago, CoolMikeWx said:

I don't mean to derail any conversation here but I wanted to thank everyone on this thread and the other upstate threads for being awesome and sharing all the knowledge.

I've been sitting in the shadows waiting for my account approval; following this and some of the LES threads as I snowmobile Tug Hill and the OF areas quite a bit and of course I just love snow in general. I've been really been itching to ride and next Saturday to Monday will be the first of the season for me.

I'm from the Hudson Valley area (Middletown) and absolutely love following and learning this stuff so thank you for making my winter that much more enjoyable.

Good luck tonight through Tuesday to whoever hits the LES jackpot up there, hopefully (sorry southern guys) the hill gets some attention :) and hopefully we some decent white gold next weekend (maybe).

Mike

Welcome to the board!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tim123 said:

Canadian and icon have a hit. Euro has storm over Georgia lol

00Z  op GFS and Euro vomit-inducing runs.  Let's hope this waffles back to something like what the Euro had a day ago.  Would be a shame to waste 2 weeks of this pattern with just idiot clippers.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CoolMikeWx said:

Mike

Welcome to the board Mike! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CoolMikeWx said:

Mike

Welcome, Mike! This is a fantastic group. It will be a pleasure having you join us and giving us updates from your neck of NY (and your trips).

• Like 1

It's crazy we went straight from cutter season to suppression season and no in between. We have the cold air now but just nothing to work with, about the worst you can expect given the cold off Erie. The cutters going south of us is what is really strange, that rarely happens. 

Usually with clippers you get lake enhanced in front and lake effect behind along with some synoptic moisture. Once you string 3-4 in a row you're having a good winter. 

• Like 1

Low confidence in a potential storm system over the weekend.
Guidance is now tracking it through the Mid-Atlantic and then out to
sea. Have lowered POPs dramatically with this update with just
chance snow showers both days. Its quite possible that both days
could be dry. Although, the 00Z/12 Canadian-NH guidance is still
advertising the idea of widespread snow during this time period. So
couldn`t completely remove the threat. Stay tuned, as things could
again back the other way.

8 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I think I'm just ready for a "La Nada" winter...because these stupid La Ninas (and El Ninos) aren't producing...

I agree 100%.

Not sure if you guys follow Judah at all but I love his Twitter updates and blog posts, i've learned a lot from him. Of course nothing is guaranteed for NY unfortunately.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CoolMikeWx said:

Mike

From one snowmobiler to another welcome! Even though sometimes I don't understand the different weather lingo I personally like using this chat forum for guidance on an shot at upcoming snow. Seems the many knowledgeable guys on here have a great feel for winter weather and more often then not have it called for the good or the bad before the paid guys do.

26 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

From one snowmobiler to another welcome! Even though sometimes I don't understand the different weather lingo I personally like using this chat forum for guidance on an shot at upcoming snow. Seems the many knowledgeable guys on here have a great feel for winter weather and more often then not have it called for the good or the bad before the paid guys do.

Absolutely agree and thanks!

I joke with my group that they keep me around because I'm the weather geek and know ahead of time whether the hill and surrounding areas are good and ready to ride.

Truth is, I am super lucky to have you guys and my cousin for getting me into MET as a hobbyist at all.

Fingers crossed this LES keeps playing out like it has been, really fun to watch.

• Like 1