• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

If there's widespread power outages and destruction like the epic GFS ice age ice storm depicts, how would [mention=1130]Yeoman[/mention] get to read about all the power flicker reports here?
I was a deep creek psst few days...you all have lots of snow 01213c21600607e25f7d20dc6978d3db.jpg
  • Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic
22 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Idk man, it's like the Football Team... you keep trying different things and different people and on and on but nothing is going to change until ownership does. I swear there's some quantum mechanics force that surrounds shitbag or just bad owners that continuously causes any and all efforts to turn around to fail. It's the universe telling them to go but they won't listen 

Well Peter is probably not long for the world, and the sons ... I've read conflicting reports. That they may have to sell the team to pay the inheritance taxes, for one. Maybe Elon Musk will buy them and try to move them to Olympus Mons or something. 

The O's did have a pretty good five-year run in the mid 2010s and might have won the series in 2014 if Wieters and Machado weren't hurt, and Davis on his Adderal suspension (yeah, he was good back then). And KC was just running the frickin' table with seeing-eye bloop singles. 

21 hours ago, mattie g said:

Damn...now I want to make chili.

My chili is more of a stew, and I like to steer clear of adding too many beans (I throw in black beans in mine). Very different than the kidney bean and ground beef chili that I grew up with and which my wife makes (which is damn good in itself!). I may have to do that later this week...

18 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

I make chili closer to your wife's approach, but tend to mix up 2-3 bean types per batch -- sometimes black, or navy, or Great Northern, or pinto, or dark or light kidneys. Changes up the flavor a bit each time.

I am not a fan of beans. Texture thing. That being said I use a couple cans of Bush’s Chili beans. Just enough beans to make Mr J happy but with chili sauce so it makes them tolerable for me. Also I always do mine sausage and beef. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, Mrs.J said:

I am not a fan of beans. Texture thing. That being said I use a couple cans of Bush’s Chili beans. Just enough beans to make Mr J happy but with chili sauce so it makes them tolerable for me. Also I always do mine sausage and beef. 

Yes!  It may be sacrilege to say, but chili is ruined by beans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Yes!  It may be sacrilege to say, but chili is ruined by beans.

Yes it is!!

But If you also talk to any sane Texan they would throw the pot at me for adding any meat at all. Technically what I make is Chili con Carne. But I put in more meat to cut down on the beans. Or it would just be chunky tomato soup with chili powder. 

Story on finding out how it is a texture issue. So my mom would always make baked beans. And they always smelled so good and I would always put them on my plate. But I would take one bite and then not finish the rest. Took me awhile to find out that while I loved the sauce that they are cooked in, I did not care for the texture. 

• Like 1