Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

19 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ah but it's even more than that...see that rip in the page? If you look closely you tell that that orignallly said "Bonaparte"...lol Beethoven saw Napoleon as a sort of hero for the common man...and thus Napoleon became the original inspiration for this symphony. But then...when he got the news that Napoleon had declared himself emperor of France

‘So he is no more than a common mortal! Now he, too, will tread underfoot all the rights of man [and] indulge only his ambition; now he will think himself superior to all men [and] become a tyrant!’

After that, an enraged Beethoven stormed over to the score and scratched out Bonaparte so hard that it ripped the paper...and thus it remains today, lol

The "Tyrant" Concerto just doesn't have the same ring to it. 

8 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Yes. Grew up in cincy. Old enough to remember well the super bowl run in 1981 and 1988. It has been a long time between drinks.

Maybe there's hope for the Orioles to become competitive before I die.

This season -- if it happens -- should at least be interesting, with Adley and maybe G-Rod making their debuts. 

12 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Maybe there's hope for the Orioles to become competitive before I die.

This season -- if it happens -- should at least be interesting, with Adley and maybe G-Rod making their debuts. 

Idk man, it's like the Football Team... you keep trying different things and different people and on and on but nothing is going to change until ownership does. I swear there's some quantum mechanics force that surrounds shitbag or just bad owners that continuously causes any and all efforts to turn around to fail. It's the universe telling them to go but they won't listen 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Idk man, it's like the Football Team... you keep trying different things and different people and on and on but nothing is going to change until ownership does. I swear there's some quantum mechanics force that surrounds shitbag or just bad owners that continuously causes any and all efforts to turn around to fail. It's the universe telling them to go but they won't listen 

Speaking of, guess we find out what name they decide to go with, this week. I really was hoping they'd just stay with The Football Team. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Sounds like the Browns, to be honest!  Good talent, lots of potential.  But terrible management, and what should be a better team ends up somewhat less than mediocre.

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

Speaking of, guess we find out what name they decide to go with, this week. I really was hoping they'd just stay with The Football Team. 

Imho... the A list names are embarrassingly horrible. So much so I might be done here with the team. Can't stand Snyder. Can't stand watching a revolving door and black cloud of losing. If I can't stand the name, I think I got forced out without a choice...

Eta: my 2 personal faves are Warriors (stoopid Golden state lol) or Pilots. I really like Pilots. Then get a gun slinger QB and go straight to the SB. 

Eta2: if they were the Pilots they could put an F18 or Stealth on the helmets... did I just drop a mic or something? 

Eta3: what about the Aviators? That's bad ass too. But nope, Rear Admirals it is. Fitting I suppose 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

LOL!  So on Groundhog's Day no less!  I suppose they'll keep picking a team name again and again until they get the right one??

lol that'd be funny

8 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Imho... the A list names are embarrassingly horrible. So much so I might be done here with the team. Can't stand Snyder. Can't stand watching a revolving door and black cloud of losing. If I can't stand the name, I think I got forced out without a choice...

Eta: my 2 personal faves are Warriors (stoopid Golden state lol) or Pilots. I really like Pilots. Then get a gun slinger QB and go straight to the SB. 

Eta2: if they were the Pilots they could put an F18 or Stealth on the helmets... did I just drop a mic or something? 

Eta3: what about the Aviators? That's bad ass too. But nope, Rear Admirals it is. Fitting I suppose 

I hear you, friend. LOL this made me laugh

200w.webp.13977049a2d7406e51fb44c05931f3ec.webp

I am finding it harder to want to crawl out of bed during this very cold period. Like worse than in the past. I have two morning school runs on MWF due to the older Miss J having dual enrollment classes that only meet on TTh. So one run at 7 in the cold and then the second run at 8:45 and it is still do darn cold. I have been living in my long jons and slippers and am just wanting it to get to that point where I am comfortable. 

Making a big o' pot of chili for dinner tonight. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

200w.webp.13977049a2d7406e51fb44c05931f3ec.webp

I am finding it harder to want to crawl out of bed during this very cold period. Like worse than in the past. I have two morning school runs on MWF due to the older Miss J having dual enrollment classes that only meet on TTh. So one run at 7 in the cold and then the second run at 8:45 and it is still do darn cold. I have been living in my long jons and slippers and am just wanting it to get to that point where I am comfortable. 

Making a big o' pot of chili for dinner tonight. 

Yessss. I'm making double batch of homemade chili tomorrow night. Thought of you last week when I tried this new recipe for italian sausage orzo soup w/ zucchini. The best soup recipe I've tried in years.

PXL_20220126_002322378a.jpg.fb0c6f31f0b13223173970bfc8c60050.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I am so GD sad that the name will be changed.  I lose 80% of my schtick if i can't call them the WTFs anymore!!!

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

They could have come up with so many better names that are more appropriate for what the team is since Snyder has owned them. For example:

The Signing Bonuses, The GetPaid before You Retires, The Worst Stadiums, The Granny Needs To Payups, The Bruce Allens, The Vinny Cerrato Anus Smoochers, The Raw Sewages, The We Drove to RalJon for This?, The Off-Season Champions

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Damn...now I want to make chili.

My chili is more of a stew, and I like to steer clear of adding too many beans (I throw in black beans in mine). Very different than the kidney bean and ground beef chili that I grew up with and which my wife makes (which is damn good in itself!). I may have to do that later this week...

• Like 3

i'm on the ropes, too.  commanders is suspect.  it flows fine, but it sounds very corporate.  i would have taken the blue heron over that.  some think it will be the red hogs because they chose groundhog day for the event...which is probably better, but i would have preferred just plain hogs.

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

i'm on the ropes, too.  commanders is suspect.  it flows fine, but it sounds very corporate.  i would have taken the blue heron over that.  some think it will be the red hogs because they chose groundhog day for the event...which is probably better, but i would have preferred just plain hogs.

Red Boars is better. Wild pigs are mean AF. Hogs? Fat, happy, lazy, and pretty boring to watch. Hmm... hogs making more sense now....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Damn...now I want to make chili.

My chili is more of a stew, and I like to steer clear of adding too many beans (I throw in black beans in mine). Very different than the kidney bean and ground beef chili that I grew up with and which my wife makes (which is damn good in itself!). I may have to do that later this week...

I make chili closer to your wife's approach, but tend to mix up 2-3 bean types per batch -- sometimes black, or navy, or Great Northern, or pinto, or dark or light kidneys. Changes up the flavor a bit each time.

• Like 2

Red Boars is better. Wild pigs are mean AF. Hogs? Fat, happy, lazy, and pretty boring to watch. Hmm... hogs making more sense now....

lol, they need a qb.  i actually like heinicke simply because he can scramble, unlike almost every other qb we've had, but some of these other starting qb's around the league are lasers.  burrow/stafford...they're in the super bowl for a reason.

6 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Congrats dude, happy for you. They’re a fun team to watch.

My daughter's teammate has an older sister who is a cheerleader for the Bengals.  I was talking to her dad last night and he is over the moon!  He said that they will be at the game, but the Cheerleaders will be is a special section away from the field.   Really cool, and if they win the game, I think she gets a Super Bowl ring too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

@mattie g USMNT game-time temp on Wednesday looks like it will be low single digits.  I don't know who approved soccer in Minnesota in February.

The idea was they could minimize travel by sticking the games in the Midwest since we had to play near Toronto yesterday. It would also allow the players to acclimatize a bit better by having them all close to one another.

No matter what, it’s going to be brutal.

• mappy unpinned this topic