Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

For me, there’s really nothing better that Cherry Coke Draft.  A draft Cherry Coke on tap is heaven.  

Speaking of which, I might have to try a cherry coke and whisky. Never really even thought to do that. I’ll usually just make it with cut limes and maraschino cherries.

Tonight:

Old Fashioned, Martini, Mojito, Moscow Mule, Mai Tai, Gin/Tonic, Cosmopolitan, Margarita, Pina Colada, Any flavor Daiquiri.

Sitting at a bar watching the sunset after a hot summer day of crabbing and drinking Natty Bohs:

Mai Tai, Mojito, Pina Colada, Old Fashioned, Gin/Tonic, Any flavor Daiquiri, Moscow Mule, Margarita, Martini, Cosmo

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

old fashioned (my preference though is for a Greater Manhattan)

gin/tonic

martini

cosmo

moscow mule (inferior to a Dark and Stormy)

mojito

margarita

way way way down

daiquiri/mai tai/pina colada--gross fruit drinks. the only acceptable one in this genre is the Singapore Sling

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Tonight:

Old Fashioned, Martini, Mojito, Moscow Mule, Mai Tai, Gin/Tonic, Cosmopolitan, Margarita, Pina Colada, Any flavor Daiquiri.

Sitting at a bar watching the sunset after a hot summer day of crabbing and drinking Natty Bohs:

Mai Tai, Mojito, Pina Colada, Old Fashioned, Gin/Tonic, Any flavor Daiquiri, Moscow Mule, Margarita, Martini, Cosmo

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Rank these:

Mojito, Margarita, Old Fashioned, Martini, Gin/Tonic, Cosmopolitan, Any flavor Daiquiri, Moscow Mule, Mai Tai, Pina Colada.  

Old fashioned and the mule, with a gin/tonic after that

gross on the rest 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, birdsofprey02 said:

I’d like to try “new” coke. I was pretty young when that was originally released. By the time I was into drinking a soda, it was already phased out.

I tried buying it a few years ago during the stranger things special release but couldn’t get an order in. 

I also remember Pepsi Clear and that made a comeback attempt and it was still bad. 

62yucs.jpg.1264843b57c30d758b1843f11fa75403.jpg

25 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Tomorrow’s happy hour. Let’s f-cking go!

F5203355-3070-4510-B04E-FDB87CC1DCF1.jpeg

Troegs is one of my favorite micros -- Double Blizzard is very good, the Troegenator is my all-time fave (and even boozier AF).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Rank these:

Mojito, Margarita, Old Fashioned, Martini, Gin/Tonic, Cosmopolitan, Any flavor Daiquiri, Moscow Mule, Mai Tai, Pina Colada.  

OK, here goes.  Though not sure I'm familiar with all of those or had them all...

--Old Fashioned, as in a Manhattan (Maker's Mark, preferably!)

--Martini (slightly dirty, I do prefer vodka over gin, sorry @stormtracker!)

--Margarita (salted rim)

--Daquiri (strawberry preferably.  No banana!!)

--Mojito (only have had a couple)

--Pina Colada

Haven't really had a gin/tonic or a Moscow Mule.  I generally am not a fan of gin, but if it's quality stuff then it's great!  I don't care for feeling like I'm chewing on a pine tree!

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Cooked up some veg tonight. Brussel Sprouts and Broccoli from the Amish market. Will have it for the next couple days. Simple and delish.

veg.thumb.jpg.1f35aa95cf10f7ad4264e0c3c4181758.jpg

You saute those sprouts or bake them? Once or twice a week, we roast sprouts coated in Wegman's basting oil, with a few shakes of italian seasoning, garlic and some pepper flakes. Perfection.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

tonight I have shredded brussels sprouts mixed with oil, a little brown sugar, and sriracha roasting in the oven. pork chops for dinner.

I ate a chicken sandwich from Burger King while sitting in my car while the kid is at dance. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

You saute those sprouts or bake them? Once or twice a week, we roast sprouts coated in Wegman's basting oil, with a few shakes of italian seasoning, garlic and some pepper flakes. Perfection.

Sauté with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, olive oil, garlic powder and finish off on high heat with pure Vermont Maple Syrup. Anyone who says they cant stand brussels sprouts have not had them prepared correctly. So good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Rank these:

Rum and coke, Old Fashioned, G&T, Manhattan, margarita, martini, and don’t care about the rest

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Sauté with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, olive oil, garlic powder and finish off on high heat with pure Vermont Maple Syrup. Anyone who says they cant stand brussels sprouts have not had them prepared correctly. So good.

BSprouts are my favorite veggie. And it's interesting...you mentioned maple syrup, @wxtrix mentioned brown sugar on the roasted sprouts. I'm wondering if that sweet aspect is something that we've been missing on our sprouts recipe. Gonna try the addition of both of these to see what it tastes like.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic