Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If you truly have to leave on Sunday dont do it. I was there for a storm a couple of years ago that was a little over a foot and was stuck there for 4 days. When I finally left the back roads still had not been touched. I was able to leave by driving through tire tracks people with 4x4's had made. So to answer your question. I would not chase on the island itself. But Salisbury might be a good spot. 

:stun: thanks for that. 

3 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

Hmmmmm. Just saw this.  I just booked a room on the island. I was planning on leaving Sunday. If I bring my work laptops I can stay an extra day. But I do have a 4x4 Jeep Wrangler if that helps. 

You will be fine with a Jeep. They will get coastal highway cleared relatively quickly. My place is on the bay way back from it. And I drive a Charger. So yeah. 

57 minutes ago, Grothar of Herndon said:

Pepsi, Coke, (flavored and diet versions are acceptable), Sprite, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer (any brand), Fresca, Fanta, Ginger Ale

Coke

Fanta

Pepsi

Sprite

Ginger Ale

Dr. Pepper

Mountain Dew

Root Beer

If you would have changed one thing, you would have almost gotten perfect.  As is, 8.25

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I don’t trust people who say they can really tell between Coke and Pepsi… what else are they willing to lie about?

Ohh, there's a difference. Throw in the fact that Coke loves to eff around with its formula from time to time, and it's really hard to create/keep a baseline of taste going.

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I don’t trust people who say they can really tell between Coke and Pepsi… what else are they willing to lie about?

This. 

If I was stranded in a desert and needed fluids and there was a big cooler full of Pepsi, I'd walk right past that mfer and risk dehydration.  

8 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

personal attacks are ok when you are insulting a group of men by using “girls” as a pejorative. 

that was a pretty extreme attack for what i intended to be a credit to him for mentioning water vapor first. sigh. 

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

that was a pretty extreme attack for what i intended to be a credit to him for mentioning water vapor first. sigh. 

Wow, I read that in the other thread and couldn't believe it.  Talk about over the top reaction.  Sorry you had to deal with that...uncalled for and not deserved in any way.

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

yep. and he’s been a hypocrite because he’s acted the same way he wrongly accused you of doing.

I actually sort of remember the "little girls" comment in relation to the model rant from earlier this month.

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There’s the small difference that Coke tastes good and not like watered down syrup.

I remember waaaay back when "New Coke" came out and it was such a flop failure they had to put the "Coke Classic" back on the shelves and then they eventually removed New Coke.  I think the biggest insult to them was that many people said New Coke tasted almost like...Pepsi!!!

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There’s the small difference that Coke tastes good and not like watered down syrup.

All the soft drinks/pops taste like that to me anymore...which is why I only drink one about twice a year now. When I was a kid there was an RC (Royal Crown, I think?) Cola...which I liked the best out of the colas. Also, Trix or someone earlier mentioned Cheerwine...never had that until I moved to VA, and that's still pretty good stuff.

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

All the soft drinks/pops taste like that to me anymore...which is why I only drink one about twice a year now. When I was a kid there was an RC (Royal Crown, I think?) Cola...which I liked the best out of the colas. Also, Trix or someone earlier mentioned Cheerwine...never had that until I moved to VA, and that's still pretty good stuff.

Yup, RC was "Royal Crown" cola!  I remember that one.  I honestly can't handle soft drinks as much anymore, at least the "regular" ones, they're just too sugary for me beyond a few sips or gulps.  And even "diet" versions, I only have those upon occasion.

• Like 1

The last time I was at the store, one cashier was telling another about how her SO was tracking three weather radars.  I warned her not to let him sign up for weather boards where almost everybody was rooting for GW 79 redux.

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

For me, there’s really nothing better that Cherry Coke Draft.  A draft Cherry Coke on tap is heaven.  

With you there!  Though I don't drink stuff like that much anymore, there really is nothing like a fountain Cherry Coke.  Or even the "old fashioned" way, regular Coke with cherry syrup!

I’d like to try “new” coke. I was pretty young when that was originally released. By the time I was into drinking a soda, it was already phased out.

I tried buying it a few years ago during the stranger things special release but couldn’t get an order in. 

I also remember Pepsi Clear and that made a comeback attempt and it was still bad. 

• mappy unpinned this topic