Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter 2022

George BM

8 minutes ago, H2O said:

I like asparagus too actually.  Grilled is yummy.  And I grew up eating pickled beets which I love too.  I was trying to throw veggies in there that I figured people didn't like.

My dad loved beets and peas. So we had them a lot growing up. I learned to love them. 

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Agree, but not overcooked. I steam it with salt and pepper, garlic, then drizzle it with olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Fantastic.

Agreed. Just enough of a crunch still, but not too soft and floppy (lol) 

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

cauliflower.  yay or nay?

Yes, but depends on what its in. We do cauli-rice a lot, so depending on the dish, and what kind of sauce is involved, its a really nice base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Pineapple, Peach, Orange, Blueberry, Pear, Plum, Cantaloupe, Apple,  Cherry

Apples and cherries make my throat and ears itch.

i have a similar allergy lol.  it's mild, but the skin of apples/cherries/plums seems to trigger it.  my mouth will itch for like 30 minutes afterwards.

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Now with this, you need to rank only the fruits shown.  Yes, I'm sure you have favorites outside of this list, but for now, just use the list.  Scores range from 1 - you're a savage. 10- you are enlightened.  

Pineapple, Apple, Orange, Cherry, Plum, Peach, Pear, Cantaloupe, Blueberry 

Peach, plum, pineapple, cantaloupe*, apple, pear, blueberry, cherry, orange

*cantaloupe is hugely dependent on when and where it's purchased. Too many times I've had bad cantaloupe that tastes like sweet dirt. But, when it's right, it's so good

5 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

so there are 3 of us so far. I have a grass allergy.

yea, i get the seasonal pollen allergy (april to june mostly) which i think must be somewhat intertwined into the skin of fruits thing, though as i get older i noticed my allergies are not as severe (unless i'm biking through weeds which will definitely require me to pop an allegra after).

6 minutes ago, 87storms said:

i have a similar allergy lol.  it's mild, but the skin of apples/cherries/plums seems to trigger it.  my mouth will itch for like 30 minutes afterwards.

I read that it's not the fruit's fault, but rather a reaction to the protein.  My body thinks a protein in some fruits is pollen so it reacts.  I think you can even test if it's a real food allergy by microwaving the fruit for a few seconds which can destroy the proteins.   I can eat any cooked fruit, but certain raw ones drive me crazy.

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I read that it's not the fruit's fault, but rather a reaction to the protein.  My body thinks a protein in some fruits is pollen so it reacts.  I think you can even test if it's a real food allergy by microwaving the fruit for a few seconds which can destroy the proteins.   I can eat any cooked fruit, but certain raw ones drive me crazy.

yea, i could see that.  i don't have any issues with juice or when it's cooked, just raw.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic