Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

13 minutes ago, Kay said:

on the topic of Eastern (I think it was that long ago...) I hardly ever posted but I lived in fear of the purple weenie tag. I remember one time I summoned the courage to post, no doubt something dumb, and a few posts later someone started railing about terrible posts and "read more, post less" and I was mortified. Even though it may not have been me. Newbs these days have it relatively easy ('get off my lawn', etc)

I was much the same. Unfortunately, one of the few times I had the nerve to post, I made some lame joke to/about stormtracker and he five-posted me. I remember it like it was yesterday - sitting at my kitchen table as runs were coming in prior to (I think) the February 2010 period and feeling so giddy that I just went for it...and BAM! Five-posted. I think it was at least a year before my post limit was lifted. :lol:

That's just one reason why I cringe now when some of the new folks make jokes that just seem completely out of place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kay said:

IIRC there was a fair amount of resistance at first to dividing into subforums. You just get used to things as they are, I was too...but actually...that was kind of a mess.

It was a huge point of contention.  But having everyone chime in over each storm was annoying af.  People in SNE gloating over a sweet coastal and trolling those to the south caused more banter than our worst thread now.  Zwyts(Matt) would troll the hell out of them if they busted.  but he was right because the weather they get is so different from ours at times so why should we read 1000 posts from CT Blizz when we have our own area to see how a storm goes.  

• Like 2

Just now, H2O said:

It was a huge point of contention.  But having everyone chime in over each storm was annoying af.  People in SNE gloating over a sweet coastal and trolling those to the south caused more banter than our worst thread now.  Zwyts(Matt) would troll the hell out of them if they busted.  but he was right because the weather they get is so different from ours at times so why should we read 1000 posts from CT Blizz when we have our own area to see how a storm goes.  

I do remember that, when it went to separate regions.  Some people liked it, others didn't care for it at least initially.  I think partly because there are good posters that people liked to hear from each region, even if they were looking for different things.  But it did get difficult following events for your particular area, when you heard various interpretations.  And yeah, nobody around here cares to read all about Boston getting hammered by a blizzard when there's nothing in this area.  In the end, I think the regionalized format is much better and prefer it to the previous almost free-for-all discussions.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic