Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

10 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I'm not gonna argue with you much on that. Then a career started, kids, etc. thank God

Beer on Friday?

I can't do friday unfortunately. But hopefully soon!

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

First Dundalk, then joined the NW crew around Westminster, now Carroll Valley. 

And now it all makes sense on how you know Chris :lol: 

10 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

We have been interacting in Facebook on sports and weather for years. 

I owe ya a nice brew after the frustrations of this storm and the babysitting :P 

He and I posted on Accuweather forums a long time ago ( @Kmlwx too!) but then lost touch for a bit before he popped up here. So glad he did, because he's a wonderful coworker! 

edit to add: yes, yes you do lol

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

He and I posted on Accuweather forums a long time ago ( @Kmlwx too!) but then lost touch for a bit before he popped up here. So glad he did, because he's a wonderful coworker! 

edit to add: yes, yes you do lol

Don't remind me of the olden days. My weather weenie side was not a time I am proud of :lol: 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Don't remind me of the olden days. My weather weenie side was not a time I am proud of :lol: 

You and I have known each other for years lol... even though we haven't talked much.  I think I used to Aol IM you when severe threats came up lol

Or FB message you lol

Just now, Kmlwx said:

I remember a very enthusiastic YouTube video of you (I think it was you at least) during a decent, but all things considered, relatively garden variety storm - and you yelling "WE GOT HAIL. HAIL!"

@TSSN+ That's hilarious Kenny. I remember that one (I was like 15 at the time haha). There were some good vids on YouTube too (thundersnow one was great)

9 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

hahahaha I was bad too

8 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I was on there with you all too, wow those were the days @mappy @Baltimorewx @Kmlwx

Oh man. I was posting there when 12/19/09 happened. I was so worried about my wedding, and it all worked out. But my god was I a weenie. 

27 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

Apologies for any undue encouragement of banter-y jaws stuff with the meter yesterday, that creation will live here from now on, at least when the threats are as contentious as this one has been!

FWIW, I found it to be funny. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

@TSSN+ That's hilarious Kenny. I remember that one (I was like 15 at the time haha). There were some good vids on YouTube too (thundersnow one was great)

I actually will sometimes during severe weather/storms run to my front window and yell HAIL - it always cracks me up. My memory is oddly niche sometimes. 

Just now, H2O said:

Would pay to see those posts

why pay? i am still a weenie, though better than I was. Don't you remember during that hurricane last fall where we had all those tornadoes? I was like all caps posting like a weenie. 

• Like 1

I was a dumpster fire weenie back in 2009-10. I remember being just barely content if not slightly disappointed after Feb 6-7 that I missed out on the 30+ totals. Ended up with 25". Never again will I feel that way (only "content") after a big storm.

Of course, the following storm completely blew away my expectations.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

why pay? i am still a weenie, though better than I was. Don't you remember during that hurricane last fall where we had all those tornadoes? I was like all caps posting like a weenie. 

Yeah but that was different. That’s tornadoes. Where cows fly around. 

Asking how much for the Dena is so much more lol to me. Hahaha

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Yeah but that was different. That’s tornadoes. Where cows fly around. 

Asking how much for the Dena is so much more lol to me. Hahaha

I was in Odenton for 2009, Pasadena before that. But yes, I was that person. 

If all the misunderstandings, misinterpretations, misdirections, and misanthropy (well, maybe the last one is a bit too much, but the temptation to keep going with the alliteration won out) on display here over the past few hours, could somehow be bottled and then alchemized into a block in the appropriate place in the north Atlantic, we'd be looking at Jan 2016 redux.

• Haha 5

on the topic of Eastern (I think it was that long ago...) I hardly ever posted but I lived in fear of the purple weenie tag. I remember one time I summoned the courage to post, no doubt something dumb, and a few posts later someone started railing about terrible posts and "read more, post less" and I was mortified. Even though it may not have been me. Newbs these days have it relatively easy ('get off my lawn', etc)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

on the topic of Eastern (I think it was that long ago...) I hardly ever posted but I lived in fear of the purple weenie tag. I remember one time I summoned the courage to post, no doubt something dumb, and a few posts later someone started railing about terrible posts and "read more, post less" and I was mortified. Even though it may not have been me. Newbs these days have it relatively easy ('get off my lawn', etc)

We were all beginners once. Some never learn, others get it rather quickly.

FWIW, I enjoy your posts when you make them!

• Like 2

Just now, wxtrix said:

before we had subforums, and we were all discussing the same storm in the same thread, my favorite thing was to warn the newbies that their behavior was going to get them weenie-tagged, so they would get even worse to try to prove me wrong, and then they'd end up weenie-tagged.

the best nemesis I had was Tornado Tony because he'd come up with the most hilarious insults

And look what he became lol

• mappy unpinned this topic