Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

18 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

This event is why I absolutely despise long track events. I swear on all that is holy that I hope we don’t have another event this year that shows up before 48 hours.

I mean when you find yourself mad at a sw in the four corners it’s time to step away. That’s why I haven’t posted today.

Now what time is the euro lol?

If this doesn't encapsulate our collective snow psychosis I don't know what does, lol

2 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Is it unhealthy that I attempted to hire some guys to break that SWs knees?  But then I realized that that would just make it fall behind more.

Can't be any worse than when I tried to hire a tank to drain one of the great lakes after that low screwed us in March 2018.....thankfully they let me off with a warning :lol:

Y'all bragging about ignore lists.  Lucky you.

I'm gonna Pull back the curtain a little for some sympathy.  Need some today.  

See a few winters ago Superman 3 fan(Randy) came along and asked a few of us to help out during storms and be "black ops" mods with limited powers(mainly just to hide posts).  I can't suspend, warn, delete accounts or do any other official buggery.  It was asked we watch thread for crappy posts and hide them.  So now for nigh on 10,000 years and millions of posts I have had to KEEP EVERYONE OFF IGNORE so I could read posts and see what gets said to know if and when a post needs to be hidden.  It has caused many a day of bleeding eyes.

You know what its like to read every. single. Ji. post.  ???????????????????  

Yeah, I still randomly blurt out "STORM CANCEL" during dinner causing my family to say "dad's lost it again" while I use mashed potatoes to make a diorama of the warm nose that causes sleet most storms.  

I do this for you.  the posters(Bain voice)

Actually I do this for Randy but that dude never gets me a bottle of booze.  or even cups my bosom.  Which is the least he could do.  

I mainly make memes now which is barely worth keeping me around.  Soon i will be sent to the glue factory where I won't be missed.  Especially by that pivot point guy.  One day I might get a special tag or emblem to say I participated.  A guy can dream, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Kay said:

I've been around since mostly-lurking on Eastern and I've never used the ignore list until this year. Almost kinda had a policy against it. Unlike some people, I do NOT feel the board is much worse. There have always been terrible posts and knowledgeable contributions alike. Plenty of good posters still and I've always learned a lot and laughed a lot! But I realized I could not keep up when it's busy and needed a filter. Heck I even have my own "storm mode" where I temporarily filter for both quality and quantity. All that said, I don't contribute much besides obs, jokes, and coastal flooding outlooks/results that no one cares about so I get it if I too am on ignore :lol:.

I feel you haha. I'm sure people have me on their ignore list, it's not like I post anything of value. My problem is mainly with people who can't read the room, especially in storm threads. Starting fights, unnecessary meltdowns, just generally being a dick, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

So now for nigh on 10,000 years and millions of posts I have had to KEEP EVERYONE OFF IGNORE so I could read posts and see what gets said to know if and when a post needs to be hidden.  It has caused many a day of bleeding eyes.

For this alone, our mods are freaking heroic.

LOL at mashed potato diorama :lol:

It’s happened for like 5 different storms this month, but it’s still remarkable to me how the GFS is just kicking the euro’s ass all over the field this month. At least in terms of forecasting the broad evolution of major storm systems. Euro still has “won” at short leads with some details like precip amounts.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I would never comment out-of-subforum for anything but severe, but it does give me some sick and twisted joy to go into the NYC subforum when a bad run like the EURO comes in and just read the posts. Clearly I'm not a great person, lol.

i'm telling you - that subforum after i think it was the Jan 2015 storm was just a f'ing dumpster fire.

• Haha 1

• mappy unpinned this topic