Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

I'd prefer a million dollars, but it's not going to happen.  Don't really care what you prefer tbh.

But again, I came here, for members, to address you trying to make me into some infallible God because I'm an admin.  I needed to clear that up because that irritated me almost more than anything else. 

@mappy and all I was doing was giving my side. This is the banter thread. 

anyone who stumbled into that shit show should at least get both sides and understand the context into what randy was saying. You can call it passive aggressive or whatever you’d like, but I responded in a much more muted way than I was approached. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

And you know what? We are all human and have bad days. Should he have lashed out as he did? Nope. But it happened. You responded in kind.

At that point it should have ended. But it didn't. He said more things, and so did you. In fact, you continued to make passive aggressive comments even after I asked you numerous times to let it go. I came very close to giving you both timeouts and missing the storm because of it. 

I would highly suggest you let this go. Do not mention him again. Do not passive aggressively mention it again. Or you will miss this storm. I promise you that. 

And as an example to everyone, and Katie can confirm...I've always specifically told her and other mods to hide or reprimand me just like everybody else here because I banter, get off topic, say dumb things like any other member.  If she could, I even told her to suspend me.  I tell all moderators this.  We are equal.  I'm not their boss and I rarely overturn their decisions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

@mappy and all I was doing was giving my side. This is the banter thread. 

anyone who stumbled into that shit show should at least get both sides and understand the context into what randy was saying. You can call it passive aggressive or whatever you’d like, but I responded in a much more muted way than I was approached. 

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

and @mappy I agree and respect all the things Randy is saying about his place on the board, it’s commendable. It’s nice to be on a level playing field. I personally had never been in a dispute with him, so I didn’t know if I wanted to give him the brass tax, it would have come without any punishment :) 

I get that this is the banter thread and you're trying to smooth things over. But we are human beings and have emotions and a life outside of this forum.

I often think you guys forget that. Being a moderator, or admin, isn't our full time jobs. We can't always give this place our full attention and do our best at making it better for everyone. Shit happens though and THATS OKAY.

I do not appreciate your comments about his leadership and how we all see "the true colors of leadership". That's unnecessary and frankly insulting. 

I may be biased because Randy is one of my nearest and dearest friends, but I also know him in real life and his struggles and all that. Bad days happens, and I know that he is sorry for how he acted. 

But you are not without blame, you didn't help even after I kindly asked you to let it go. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Sorry dude.  Seriously.  I usually contain my temper, but today.....

28 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I’m definitely sorry @mattie gthat clogged up the thread this morning. Should have never reached that point. 
I should have just ignored it. 

No need for either of you to apologize to me...I'm just a long-time member with no duties other than to observe the chaos and comment! :lol:

I'm honestly more annoyed by the peanut gallery chiming in than anything, but I think it's best for everyone to just let it go at this point!

Apartments in DC aren’t cheap, gotta get paid somehow. 

I should apologize to my boss for spending too much time on americanwx this week
You made a mistake, he made a mistake. You both said things out of line. He's basically apologized, and you're still trying to passive-aggressively bait him. LET. IT. GO.

Jesus Christ, it's just weather! This is supposed to be a hobby, a fun way to pass the time! Some on here act as though their grandma is going to die if they don't get 14" of powder in their backyards.

The world is stressful enough these days, why add to it? Breathe, walk away. Go get some fresh air. Have a snack. Practice self care. And come back with a fresh outlook and move on.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Speak to people on the internet as if they were standing right in front of you. That’ll take care of most issues. And you have to be careful because meaning doesn’t always translate well in text. I’m guilty of that sometimes myself.
Tone in text is one of the hardest things to convey. Some people claim that tone doesn't exist outside of the spoken word, others read into everything. You never know how someone else is going to take what you type.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Speak to people on the internet as if they were standing right in front of you. That’ll take care of most issues. And you have to be careful because meaning doesn’t always translate well in text. I’m guilty of that sometimes myself.

Damn right, thats what I hate about the boards sometimes. If I had your phone # I would have called you right away to say hey, it didn't come out quite right, my bad. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

The ignore list is growing today

I've been around since mostly-lurking on Eastern and I've never used the ignore list until this year. Almost kinda had a policy against it. Unlike some people, I do NOT feel the board is much worse. There have always been terrible posts and knowledgeable contributions alike. Plenty of good posters still and I've always learned a lot and laughed a lot! But I realized I could not keep up when it's busy and needed a filter. Heck I even have my own "storm mode" where I temporarily filter for both quality and quantity. All that said, I don't contribute much besides obs, jokes, and coastal flooding outlooks/results that no one cares about so I get it if I too am on ignore :lol:.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

All this time I actually thought it was brass tax.  Learn something new every day...

Apparently it might come from furniture: 

"According to one, brass-headed tacks were used in the foundation of chairs, so when you went to reupholster them, the tacks were last things you “got down” to after removing the covering and stuffing. Hence, that’s when the craftsman was really getting to the heart of the matter.

Read more at: https://www.bnd.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/answer-man/article197464239.html#storylink=cpy"

• Thanks 1

• mappy unpinned this topic