Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

People are acting like children, including the ones who are poking their noses in and commenting/joking in the analysis thread about the "public tête-à-tête."

Seriously...how old are these people?

We probably don't need to ask one of the few women who post regularly in this forum to be our mother, but maybe that's just me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WinterFire said:

Is there like a fund we can put together to pay Mappy? Or like a plaque or something? The amount of work she did to keep that pbp readable in just the 20 minutes I looked away...

I appreciate this. :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

People are acting like children, including the ones who are poking their noses in and commenting/joking in the analysis thread about the "public tête-à-tête."

You've seen my memes.  I'm about 12

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Sorry dude.  Seriously.  I usually contain my temper, but today.....

22 minutes ago, mattie g said:

A direct reflection of how the board is run.

Just now, Grothar of Herndon said:

Understood...he just ignores the fact that he was asked nicely multiple times not post pbp since you are doing it...

That doesn’t mean make it personal and come after me. I started doing the PBP when he said he wasn’t gonna be around for the run, then 2 minutes later reappeared. 

Imma leave it at this: nobody here should ever fear being "punished" for speaking up to me because I have some dumb admin tag.  As long as it's not disruptive, you can call me a dick or whatever.  See snowfan's comment above.  He said what he said and absolutely nothing should or will happen to him.  He and everybody else here is free to express their opinions and i promise you that I won't use this weather board power (lol) on anybody.  We are not above anybody here.  I'm only an admin because I was a co-founder of the place.  That's it.  There's no board in their right mind that would make me an admin or mod.   I have never banned anybody for going at it with me and I never will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grothar of Herndon said:

Understood...he just ignores the fact that he was asked nicely multiple times not post pbp since you are doing it...

That wasn't even the problem.  Everybody has a right to do pbp, there isn't one designated special person.  I wouldn't dare try to make some rule that only I can do pbp.

36 minutes ago, mappy said:

I hope everyone read that in their mothers voice, telling them to cut it out. lol 

Nope. Just trying to diffuse the situation for those reading and looking for model run information. We are moving along and thats that. 

I definitely read it like that, lolol This is why I call ya mother Mappy :lol:

"When we find ourselves in times of tracking

Mother Mappy comes us

Speaking words of warning

'Knock it off' :whistle:

• Haha 1

The bottom line which I can of course confirm, because I’m the only one who knows what I’m thinking is that Randy was upset because I had posted the two upper level images saying there was a difference. He thought I was questioning his ability to read a map, which I definitely wasn’t and it went from there.

there’s no doubt in my mind I thought he overreacted, and started bringing the heat. It is what it is, and I won’t lie I didn’t respond With my true reflection of what he said because he is the admin.

That being said, he is one of the faces of this page, and has been one of the main reasons I’ve enjoyed the threads for the last 10+ years. He has a direct reflection of our site and getting readership to the page tracking the storms, so I would prefer him to take that off-line next time for any new members that might see it coming from an admin. Happy to go at it in the DM’s or elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

because his project got postponed for a bit and he had time.

back in Ye Olde Days we used to say that the Internet isn't "write only". if you had read the thread before you started posting you would have seen his post.

alternatively, once you saw that he did have time to do a PBP, you could have just...stopped. there is no value to multiple PBPs if the main one is being done by someone knowledgeable.

I’d tend to agree, less clogging of the thread. I didn’t check back because I was trying to compare the frames, but I don’t disagree with you in that regard. 

Yall see I've been ignoring him and he's STILL passively aggressively going at it.   

I came here to address the whole farce about "admin powers" and wanted to clear up that nobody here has to be afraid to express themselves because I'm an admin.  I've been in fights before where I was called a fruit loop f*ggot and I lol'd and didn't do a thing to dude.  Mostly because it was kinda funny.  

• Like 1

Just now, stormtracker said:

Yall see I've been ignoring him and he's STILL passively aggressively going at it.   

I came here to address the whole farce about "admin powers" and wanted to clear up that nobody here has to be afraid to express themselves because I'm an admin.  I've been in fights before where I was called a fruit loop f*ggot and I lol'd and didn't do a thing to dude.  Mostly because it was kinda funny.  

It’s not me being passive aggressive, I’m just telling my side of the story. And I’m sorry someone said that crap to you, I’d never because I DO have a lot of respect for you; just not what you had to say to me today. I feel you were out of line, that’s my opinion, but like you said we’re entitled to it. I’d prefer you not come at me like that again though for sure 

3 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

That being said, he is one of the faces of this page, and has been one of the main reasons I’ve enjoyed the threads for the last 10+ years. He has a direct reflection of our site and getting readership to the page tracking the storms, so I would prefer him to take that off-line next time for any new members that might see it coming from an admin. Happy to go at it in the DM’s or elsewhere. 

And you know what? We are all human and have bad days. Should he have lashed out as he did? Nope. But it happened. You responded in kind.

At that point it should have ended. But it didn't. He said more things, and so did you. In fact, you continued to make passive aggressive comments even after I asked you numerous times to let it go. I came very close to giving you both timeouts and missing the storm because of it. 

I would highly suggest you let this go. Do not mention him again. Do not passive aggressively mention it again. Or you will miss this storm. I promise you that. 

• Like 3

Just now, DDweatherman said:

It’s not me being passive aggressive, I’m just telling my side of the story. And I’m sorry someone said that crap to you, I’d never because I DO have a lot of respect for you; just not what you had to say to me today. I feel you were out of line, that’s my opinion, but like you said we’re entitled to it. I’d prefer you not come at me like that again though for sure 

I'd prefer a million dollars, but it's not going to happen.  Don't really care what you prefer tbh.

But again, I came here, for members, to address you trying to make me into some infallible God because I'm an admin.  I needed to clear that up because that irritated me almost more than anything else. 

13 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Imma leave it at this: nobody here should ever fear being "punished" for speaking up to me because I have some dumb admin tag.  As long as it's not disruptive, you can call me a dick or whatever.  See snowfan's comment above.  He said what he said and absolutely nothing should or will happen to him.  He and everybody else here is free to express their opinions and i promise you that I won't use this weather board power (lol) on anybody.  We are not above anybody here.  I'm only an admin because I was a co-founder of the place.  That's it.  There's no board in their right mind that would make me an admin or mod.   I have never banned anybody for going at it with me and I never will.

jonger has entered the chat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• mappy unpinned this topic