Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

2 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

i don't understand why at the end of regulation why the bills didn't try to kick the ball such that KC would have to field it?  Could've burnt some time - yeah you risk a massive return or even score but you gotta trust your special teams.

Because they blew it.  A squib kick takes at least 5 seconds off the clock, giving the Chiefs just one play to get into FG position.  Also, no reason not to hold the receivers at the line of scrimmage.  At worst it’s a 5 yard penalty, but the clock used on the play does not get put back on.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

If the Bills had won last night I think they were clear SB favorites.  So bummed.  

I’m primarily an Eagles fan but ever since studying up in Rochester and making some great friendships with Bills fans, they’ve been the only team that can come close to my level of support for Philly. Heart’s broken for Josh Allen and my friends, just such a disappointment. Gotta take solace in the fact that Allen is an absolute miracle worker with ice in his veins, I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

If the Bills had won last night I think they were clear SB favorites.  So bummed.  

Just need to keep the core pieces together. They should be the clear favorite in the east next yr. The schedule is a bear though.

home: packers, Steelers, browns, Vikings, dolphins, jets, pats, Steelers, titans

away: chiefs, ravens, jets, dolphins, pats, rams, bengals, lions, bears

7 hours ago, jaydreb said:

Because they blew it.  A squib kick takes at least 5 seconds off the clock, giving the Chiefs just one play to get into FG position.  Also, no reason not to hold the receivers at the line of scrimmage.  At worst it’s a 5 yard penalty, but the clock used on the play does not get put back on.  

exactly.  i mean i agree with everyone that the NFL's overtime rules are utter garbage (at least college football fixed theirs a few years back), but that game should've never gone to OT.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stormpc said:

Umm, how bout us Jets fans? I'm over 50 and they have not been to a Super Bowl in my lifetime.  

Right, so heartbreak really isn’t a thing for you wrt the jets. You just know they’ll suck. Us bills fans have endured 4 straight SB losses, music city miracle and now that the team is good again….there’s 2 straight years w the best of luck having to go play on the road at arrowhead in the playoffs. Blehhhhh.

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

Right, so heartbreak really isn’t a thing for you wrt the jets. You just know they’ll suck. Us bills fans have endured 4 straight SB losses, music city miracle and now that the team is good again….there’s 2 straight years w the best of luck having to go play on the road at arrowhead in the playoffs. Blehhhhh.

hey - at least your team isn't called "football team" lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Umm, how bout us Jets fans? I'm over 50 and they have not been to a Super Bowl in my lifetime.  

Fair point.  Those other teams come  immediately to mind because they have come pretty close a few times.  Other than one or two years with Testaverde (1998?), I can’t recall the poor Jets even being close.  

7 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

Fair point.  Those other teams come  immediately to mind because they have come pretty close a few times.  Other than one or two years with Testaverde (1998?), I can’t recall the poor Jets even being close.  

Didn't the Jets make it to the playoffs early 2010s with Sanchez at the helm? It's been a terrible decade though

The other way the Bills blew it...Ravens fans should remember this. About 10 years ago against Cincinnati in a similar set-up on the first snap, the Ravens basically tackled every Bengals receiver and took the defensive holding penalty. Five yards - big whoop. More importantly, burned five seconds and made it impossible for something like what happened last night to happen. Bills should ABSOLUTELY have done that on the snap from the 25 with 13 seconds left. 

• Like 1

Just now, yoda said:

who... gives... a... fook... about anywhere but here in the MA?  Don't care what NYC and BOS get.  Well, how much for PHL?

Was just coming in here to say this. Seems like there's always people talking about the northeast. They're a completely different climo from the MA and none of us live there

PHL to NYC corridor is not that far and not a huge difference from a climo standpoint. Seeing us get say 5-7 and them 6-10, no big deal. But to get 2-4 while There is a HECS 150 miles away? That does sting. If it didn’t, 12/26/10 wouldn’t be so vomit inducing around here. If it all went wide right for the entire coast no one would even remember it.  So yeah, nickeling/diming every inch PHL or NYC gets? Totally agree it doesn’t matter. But major storm vs shafted? I totally care and not afraid to admit it. 

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic