Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter 2022

George BM

5 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

You need to just chill man. It ain’t that freakin serious 

You outright insulted me--or st I'm not sure how to not react to that like a joke. However, I do now understand what brought it on this time--shouldn't have criticized WW like that. I realize posting snowmaps even in fantasy range is all a part of the hobby for better or worse, lol But then it becomes this blanket thing as if every post I make is stupid...(and the other tch dude has attacked me completely out of the blue several times over the last 5 years and the first time still stings)

I mean ain't none of us perfect on here...so when ya get singled out it sucks. And then it's like...I wonder if I post something else or even ask a question if it'll be considered "stupid".

.....But you're right, probably taking it too seriously...it is the internet after all, lol But I'm a musician, so alas...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

You outright insulted me--or st I'm not sure how to not react to that like a joke. However, I do now understand what brought it on this time--shouldn't have criticized WW like that. I realize posting snowmaps even in fantasy range is all a part of the hobby for better or worse, lol But then it becomes this blanket thing as if every post I make is stupid...(and the other tch dude has attacked me completely out of the blue several times over the last 5 years and the first time still stings)

I mean ain't none of us perfect on here...so when ya get singled out it sucks. And then it's like...I wonder if I post something else or even ask a question if it'll be considered "stupid".

.....But you're right, probably taking it too seriously...it is the internet after all, lol But I'm a musician, so alas...

Sorry man I didn’t mean to upset you like that. Kind of assumed you knew your posts sucked (mine do as well lol)

You have to admit the map was def lot cooler than your tweaked out post B)

6 hours ago, mattskiva said:

Why would you buy at the lake, vs in Davis or Canaan which gets 2x as much snow out of every storm, has actual vertical relief, and is easily accessible from the Byrd Superhighway?

Of course, land there isn't any cheaper right now, and it's also a 2 year wait minimum to build. So instead of sitting in my slopeside house, I get to ski by my slopeside empty lot and stay in the Canaan Valley Lodge. First world problems, I suppose. 20" of new snow made for pretty good 1200 vert glade skiing today.

A friend of ours asked me this same question recently - but for us, we bought at Deep Creek 5 years ago because we liked having the lake in the summer and winter weather (in addition to the hiking/etc).  There’s just way more to do year round having the lake right there in my opinion.  

And Canaan doesn’t get 2x for every storm - they certainly kill it with upslope but averaging 110” vs 180” isn’t a big deal IMO (if it was 40” vs 180”, sure that’s another story) - I got 18” from the weekend storm vs 20” at your location.  I’m not sure I would have noticed the difference…::shrug::  YMMV

ETA:  forgot to say, if the sole reason is skiing, definitely agree that Canaan/Timberline is far and beyond (and its not even close) a better option than Wisp.  I suck at skiing so Wisp is good for me as I'm doing pizza down the hill lol

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

If you follow golf- they call the Saturday of the tourney moving day.  That’s when the real contenders make their move.  Well today is moving day for this weekend storm- if it’s going to amount to anything we will know by the end of the day imho 

Probably true but this could be the storm where we get a Sunday surge and the storm shoots 29 on the back nine at Augusta.

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:56 AM, mattskiva said:

It's still WISP, with its 600 vert that skis like 300.

7 hours ago, mattskiva said:

Why would you buy at the lake, vs in Davis or Canaan which gets 2x as much snow out of every storm, has actual vertical relief, and is easily accessible from the Byrd Superhighway?

Of course, land there isn't any cheaper right now, and it's also a 2 year wait minimum to build. So instead of sitting in my slopeside house, I get to ski by my slopeside empty lot and stay in the Canaan Valley Lodge. First world problems, I suppose. 20" of new snow made for pretty good 1200 vert glade skiing today.

You are a ski snob. I agree that Canaan/Timberline have much better skiing than Wisp with more challenging terrain and more snow, but is it really necessary to randomly belittle Wisp? I personally enjoy Timberline more, but not everyone is an intermediate or advanced skier, and for someone who’s still learning, Wisp is a great place.

And as nj2va mentioned, 2x is an exaggeration. The difference is more like 1.5x, and really who cares? They all get a lot.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’d say grow some, but …

image.png.7d9afe47b5a54af9611d0d9dff286389.png

I will miss Betty White and her uncanny ability to deliver deadpan lines. My 25-year old son -- who's never seen a lick of "The Golden Girls" -- texted me this clip just after her death a couple weeks ago. He was describing it to me on the phone, laughing hysterically. I think this scene very nearly became a blooper/outtake in TGG, but that Bea Arthur and Rue McClanahan SOMEHOW held it together to salvage the scene.  :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• mappy unpinned this topic