Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

7 minutes ago, mattie g said:

If the focking GFS would just come into line with the 0z Euro, we could start a thread and be done with he hand-wringing

Focking GFS....

I'm amazed that so many are discounting the Euro because the GFS doesn't show the same thing. I mean, I get that the GFS has done well recently, but its so odd given its The King. 

lol weenies

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mappy said:

I'm amazed that so many are discounting the Euro because the GFS doesn't show the same thing. I mean, I get that the GFS has done well recently, but its so odd given its The King. 

lol weenies

The problem is that the GFS is being stubborn, and it runs out to that range four times a day, so we have to wait on the Euro to pummel us and make us feel better. Doesn't help that the 06z Euro appeared to be stepping back, so now we're (I'm) on pins and needles until 10:45 or whatever.

7 minutes ago, mattie g said:

The problem is that the GFS is being stubborn, and it runs out to that range four times a day, so we have to wait on the Euro to pummel us and make us feel better. Doesn't help that the 06z Euro appeared to be stepping back, so now we're (I'm) on pins and needles until 10:45 or whatever.

Hope it works out for you. 

37 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Nah it is "we"...I'm sure you ain't the only one, lol (I'm a bit pinny needly too). Ah why does this hobby do to this to us, seriously? It's like...we try to tell ourselves "it's just snow!" yet here we are, stressin' on the Zs, lol

I ain't stressing.  Why?  if it snows it snows.  Just try to see that while snow is nice there are 1 million more things that matter more.  Supporting my kids when they have stuff going on is much easier to do when you aren't all worked up over snow.  

Just now, H2O said:

I ain't stressing.  Why?  if it snows it snows.  Just try to see that while snow is nice there are 1 million more things that matter more.  Supporting my kids when they have stuff going on is much easier to do when you aren't all worked up over snow.  

I hope no one thinks I'm stressing. I just want it to snow.

20 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

i hear we are talking about L'Enfant city design in here?

Yes.   Look, I get the f*cker wanted it Parisan style, but too many damn circles and squares.   And then modern time after the Fl Ave boundary when they started building out and misaligning shit.   Florida ave NW is one of the worst offenders.  Diagonal Northwest to Southeast...fine...then this bitch stops at U...picks up again and then does a f*cking Miller B jump across W, then 16th Street, picks up again and goes northeast to southwest and just stops at U.  Again.   Man, f*ck that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Yes.   Look, I get the f*cker wanted it Parisan style, but too many damn circles and squares.   And then modern time after the Fl Ave boundary when they started building out and misaligning shit.   Florida ave NW is one of the worst offenders.  Diagonal Northwest to Southeast...fine...then this bitch stops at U...picks up again and then does a f*cking Miller B jump across W, then 16th Street, picks up again and goes northeast to southwest and just stops at U.  Again.   Man, f*ck that. 

Yeah i mean I don't even f*ck with FL Ave mostly except to get from my apt to Conn Ave if I am going north (FL starts at 22nd and Mass Ave).  I get the whole city beautiful movement, and this is obviously something L'Enfant couldn't have imagined, but you take our city design and add MD drivers - I mean it's a problem.

• Like 1

A question for someone smarter than me -

Is there any credibility with the “step in the right direction” in regards to models? It seems like there is a point when it’s wrong/right, and a trend is something just perceived by us, the viewers.

Is a “trend” more of a result of the model’s resolution? As we draw nearer in time, does that margin of error grow smaller, and we can see what appears to be a model “catching on”? 

I guess my point is, why sometimes does it seem like there is a slow march to the proper depiction rather than a concrete shift displayed across all guidance?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Any 2 hour meeting is a poor plan :D

At least I get a free lunch lol 

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Don't ya love when you have something actually important during big Z runs and you have to fight off the wandering modes thoughts and actually focus on what you're doing? Lol

Ha, its okay. Just the way it goes sometimes. 

• mappy unpinned this topic