Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter 2022

George BM

5 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Omg dude! Memory lane... my mom was an Italian immigrant just after WW2 in west Hartford. My grandfather didn't speak English and was a true (and self proclaimed) WOP. Here's where you may gross out a bit.... my grandfather used to take me fishing on the CT River literally 5 miles from that picture. We would catch big fat catfish and big slimy eels. My grandfather kept and ate everything.... out of the CT River in the 70s.... when the water had luminescence from pollution (kidding... barely) lolol

That’s awesome. So many immigrants came to this area during the war period. My extended family used to fish on the river too. 

A lot of beautiful landscapes to be found around here with some recent investment in the riverfront and surrounding parks. 

3 hours ago, wxtrix said:

me too! we’re still here so we are missing the frozen mess at home. headed to eat lunch outside at a fish shack once the rain stops here.

It's been 4 or 5 years since my wife and I and our adult sons visited Key West, but wow....what a visit we had. So MANY fun places to stop on Duval, and even on the side streets. Understand that y'all are avoiding the biggest crowds right now, but....SUCH an interesting place to visit, at any time during the year. One regret is that we didn't get to visit the Hemingway House (with the six-toed cats)...but one of my fave memories was taking a pic with myself and my oldest son at the "start" of U.S. Route 1 in Key West.  :) 

17 minutes ago, H2O said:

Can I put my sleet obs here so I don’t make Leesburg mad at me?   Asking for a friend

I mean, we are TOTALLY gonna get sleet obs in our part of the world tonight, right? Again, don't care....because (and not rubbing this in the rest of the sub's face), we were fortunate to get almost a foot of snow about a week ago. I'm grateful for that....and grateful for whatever we get tonight....and grateful for whatever the rest of the sub gets tonight. :) 

11 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I'm telling ya, the Cowboys...I think they just invented yet another way to lose in the playoffs! Like how dude? Lol This is one of the few times I actually feel a tad sorry for their fans...Cowboys had all the "moments" ya think lead to a win...and then the Cowboys happen, lol

They led the league in penalties I believe, and had 14 in this game. That makes it kinda hard to win, despite the talent.

Never feel sorry for a Cowboy fan.

9 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

I apparently ran out of likes to give this afternoon, which sucks. But, I want to say I love so much of these reports and pictures. Living vicariously through the sub :) 

So am I. I will always LOVE the Mid Atlantic and Greater Washington Metropolitan Region :)

• Like 2

• mappy unpinned this topic